What's new

First time using Haslinger soap.

I’ve 3017 tallow and non tallow pucks of Haslinger. It is clear to me that Haslinger cares about its customers and cares about its reputation as they made sure they got the new formula right. The new formula is every bit as good as the tallow version.

Haslinger remains one of the finest shaving soaps on the market. I’ve used every variety of Haslinger and they are all excellent. Many shavers gravitate towards Shafmilch but I would highly recommend all of the other flavors as well. Aloe and sage are a couple personal favorites of mine. Oh, I like their take on sandalwood as well. Also seaweed. Heck try em all. Don’t let the small puck size fool you. Its a condensed soap and a little goes a long way. Just remember to use a lot of water when building the lather.

Last nights shave I used Haslinger Aloe Vera soap. This is the first time I used Haslinger soap. It makes a nice rich lather in no time at all. This is a great performer. I may have to try another scent. If you have been thinking about trying it, go ahead. You won't be sorry.

Haslinger is top-notch, to be sure. Aloe Vera is actually one of my favorites. So much so, that I purchased way more of it than I’ll ever use (tallow formula). One of these days, I‘ll get around to offering it on the BST.

I’ve 3017 tallow and non tallow pucks of Haslinger. It is clear to me that Haslinger cares about its customers and cares about its reputation as they made sure they got the new formula right. The new formula is every bit as good as the tallow version.

I keep forgetting, what exactly does "3017" mean. I think it means you use it exclusively until it's gone?

I bought my Haslinger Aloe Vera soap a few days ago from Smallflower. Can I assume this is the new non-tallow formula???

The front of the label should not have changed.

You could send an e-mail to the vendor, at this point.

I will e-mail the vendor but here is a picture of what I got:

soap.jpg

I've currently got a puck of Shafmilch as my only active hard soap (after about three years of using hard soaps exclusively I'm entering a cream phase) and I'm pretty impressed by it. When I get a bit further though it I might look at picking up a puck of the Aloe Vera.

So good to hear generally positive reviews of a soap reformulation! Most don't go down well at all...

Haslinger remains one of the finest shaving soaps on the market. I’ve used every variety of Haslinger and they are all excellent. Many shavers gravitate towards Shafmilch but I would highly recommend all of the other flavors as well. Aloe and sage are a couple personal favorites of mine. Oh, I like their take on sandalwood as well. Also seaweed. Heck try em all. Don’t let the small puck size fool you. Its a condensed soap and a little goes a long way. Just remember to use a lot of water when building the lather.

+1! Yes indeed!

I once spent an year using Haslinger exclusively! Every one of their eight options is a winner IMHO!
:a29: :a29:

Sensitiv is an amazing performer. Might be my favorite. If I want a scent, I just add a drop of essential oil or ground menthol crystals.

Sensitiv is an amazing performer. Might be my favorite. If I want a scent, I just add a drop of essential oil or ground menthol crystals.
The v2 reformulation of Haslinger's other shaving soaps uses the basic Sensitiv formula for all of the other varieties. Sensitiv was like the first v2 Haslinger.

The v2 reformulation of Haslinger's other shaving soaps uses the basic Sensitiv formula for all of the other varieties. Sensitiv was like the first v2 Haslinger.

With coconut in V2 vs palm oil in V1?

I was confused and just ordered Sensitiv since that's what Marco had said in a long ago Haslinger thread IIRC

With coconut in V2 vs palm oil in V1?

I was confused and just ordered Sensitiv since that's what Marco had said in a long ago Haslinger thread IIRC
Yes, though some vendors are still selling the older stock. Here are the ingredients for the most recent Aloe Vera, for example:

1624125615155.png

What is unique about "sensitiv"? What is it about it you like?
The formula for the v2 soaps has been updated to use coconut oil instead of palm or palm kernel oil. The lather is a little nicer than the earlier version.

Sensitiv has removed ingredients that might cause skin sensitivities for some people.

Top Bottom