What's new

First time using Haslinger soap.

Glad you liked it! It's my hometown soap.

Just to be clear about something, because I see it a lot, Haslinger doesn't do "scents". The shaving soaps are distinguished by a "special" ingridient, in your case Aloe Vera. ;)

Thanks for the information.

I have tried their Ringelblume - marigold soap. It's a great soap.
In the beginning, I found it difficult to have the right lather, but after adding more water than a cream soap (due to my lack of experience with hard soaps) the results were excellent.

I have a bunch of the older tallow pucks and I think I need to get one out. It's been years since I've had a Haslinger shave. I just hope the new soap recipe is as good as the old one. ;)

I've used Schafmilch several times in the past and it is a great soap.... I may be due for a new puck... the last one got folded into a tub of remnants with other near-empty tubs. (and i have to say that the hybrid tub of all those scraps is a pretty stinking good perfomer! :) )

linty1

My wallet cries.
Thanks for the review, I've never tried it but have a puck waiting in the cupboard, excited!

Haslinger can be used to make some awesome shave sticks, BTW! I have Schafmilch and Ringelblumen shave sticks in those twist-up containers, they are great to shave with.

I was thinking about making a stick out of it. I prefer using a stick to all else. If I'm in a hurry I use a cream but my first choice for making lather is always a stick. Right now I'm out of empty tubes so I have to buy some. What I hate is the tube cost about $2.00 then it cost $5.00 to mail it.

How do you make your Haslinger shave sticks? I must try this. ;)

I slice up part of a puck with a sharp knife, spray the slices with a bit of warm water, then pack them into a tube. The soap pieces merge together into the new shape. You can also use a cheese grater to create a pile of soap shavings and do something similar with the shavings. I find using thin slices is faster and less messy than grating

I haven't tried the new formula but I hear it's still great. I love the old formula, one of the best soaps out there.

Top Bottom