What's new

First SR shave

Shave #170 (315 Open Blade Shaves) of 2019:

Gear: Weck Med Prep shavette, Personna blade (15), RR Game Changer .68, Sputnik blade, Yaqi SF synth brush, CBL Breakfast Blend soap, Thayer’s Medicated, and Old Spice AS to finish!

Well...3rd use of the Breakfast Blend, and I think it may be time to call it on this soap. Still a healthy amount of stinging with some redness going on during use. I even made a more watery than normal lather today, but it didn’t seem to help. Major bummer! Have to figure out what to do with it now.

Shave was good otherwise. I avoided a major Murphy visit during the first pass. I was a little more tired than I though and not judging my stroke with the Weck well enough; I actually brought the blade down onto the top of my lower lip as I was going to begin a stroke...thankfully my hand was light enough and the blade full enough that skin was not broken. Definitely time to swap blades though, just have to remember tomorrow to actually do it...

Working a little on my teaching this morning and heading into work early for an early closing...literally only one little meeting is going on this whole day, besides the church offices being open their normal hours. At least I’ll catch some breaks to work on my teaching more hopefully, I’m almost done. It’s going to be a looooong day otherwise...

Have a great Wednesday all!

Shave #171 (316 Open Blade Shaves) of 2019:

Gear: Feather AC SS folding shavette, Feather Pro blade, RR Game Changer .68, Astra SP blade, RR Big Bruce synth brush, JoHS Turkish Bath (Barbershop) soap, Thayer’s Medicated, and Skin Bracer AS to finish!

Just a quick entry...t-5 minutes and counting till teaching time!

Nice shower and shave this morning! Went with the safe gear, except the Feather...but I tread carefully, so no blood loss.

You know it actually felt a little tuggy in comparison to the Weck! Is was shocked!

In all though, excellent results as expected.

Have a great Thursday all!

Shave #172 (317 Open Blade Shaves) of 2019:

Gear: Feather AC SS folding shavette, Feather Pro blade, RR Game Changer .68, Astra SP blade, Yaqi SF synth brush, CBL Blueberry Muffin soap, Thayer’s Medicated, and Ogalalla Bay Rum & Sandalwood AS to finish!

I did the KY Muffin shave today! Or maybe it’s the Violet Beauregard?

57BC9018-1EFD-4512-AADD-AE5C9C2EE255.gif

Anyway, nice shave in all. Ogalalla put the legs (or cake smell) on this blueberry shave! Smells fantastic all mashed up together!

Get to close up a bit early today and tomorrow, which is always nice. Going to be busy days though, so it’ll be a push to finish on time.

Have some folks coming out today to inspect and give us advice on our fencing. Everything about it is old, but it’s served well through some harsh fall/winter rains and winds. We’ll see what they say about it!

Have a great Friday all!

Shave #173 (318 Open Blade Shaves) of 2019:

Gear: Feather AC SS folding shavette, Feather Pro blade, RR Game Changer .68, Astra SP blade, RR Big Bruce synth brush, Scheermonnik Delfts Wit soap, Thayer’s Medicated, and Fine Platinum (old formula) AS to finish!

Quick entry today as I gulp down my coffee before heading off to work.

Shave - excellent! The end.

Just kidding. The oldest child gets back from his camp today. No emergency calls home, so must have not had any allergy issues, thankfully. By all picture accounts he appears to have had a grand time!

A couple big event to facilitate on the church campus today. Going to be some hustle, but I’ll get out early!

Definitely have to do the lawn tomorrow! Hope things cool down a bit.

Have a great Saturday all!

Shave #174 (319 Open Blade Shaves) of 2019:

Gear: Feather AC SS folding shavette, Feather Pro blade, RR Game Changer .68, Astra SP blade, TSC 1st Anniversary badger brush, SV 70th soap, Thayer’s Medicated, and SV 70th AS to finish!

Mmm such a wonderful shower n shave this morning. 5 second gentle load with a damp badger off of a bloomed SV tub literally gave me 6+ passes worth of lather. Squeeze out as much as I can from this little SV AS sample. I think I’ve gotten 4 uses out of it now? Such a great finisher. I think I’m going to top things off with some YSL Ultime.

Off to services in a minute. I hear a coffee, pastry, and pew calling my name!

At least a couple hours of yardwork to take care of after. Then, off to a friend’s house with the family for a BBQ.

Have a blessed Sunday all!

Shave #175 (320 Open Blade Shaves) of 2019:

Gear: Feather AC SS folding shavette, Feather Pro blade, RR Game Changer .68, Astra SP blade, RR Big Bruce synth brush, Elite Puke Tub soap, generic witch hazel, Thayer’s Medicated, and Fine AB AS/EdT to finish!

Recorded my shave and “What changed you shave game” theme. Unfortunately it’s probably not going to be up until late tonight or tomorrow. We’re on our way to Tahoe for the day and I wasn’t even able to get it on the computer to edit.

Have a great Monday all!

Shave #176 (321 Open Blade Shaves) of 2019:

Gear: Feather AC SS folding shavette, Feather Pro blade, RR Game Changer .68, Astra SP blade, RR Big Bruce synth brush, Proraso Red soap, generic witch hazel/aloe blend, Thayer’s Medicated, and Proraso Red AS to finish!

Nice shave today. One little slice on the lip from being a bit careless.

Yesterday was a very nice time in Tahoe with the parents. Weather was 70s and sunny, with a cool breeze blowing. We walked around shops for the afternoon, then had a nice dinner before heading back home. Drive is a bit long (2.5 hours one way) but worth it!

Back to work this afternoon. Not sure what kind of week it’s going to be yet.

Heading into some busy weeks personally, with the kids home, VBS week coming up quickly, family run hula festival weekend, wife's side of the family reunion, wife headed to annual Mary Kay convention, and all church camp. That’s pretty much our next month and a half, running around like headless chickens! Should be fun though!

Have a great Tuesday all!

Shave #177 (321 Open Blade Shaves) of 2019:

Gear: Supply Injector (1-dot plate), Supply blade, RR Big Bruce synth brush, LNHC Coconut Oud soap, generic witch hazel, Thayer’s Medicated, and RR The Stallion AS to finish!

Pretty decent injector shave today. Still considering perhaps trading for a Schick M Adjustable and/or a PAL Adjustable. The shaves with the Supply aren’t bad, I just almost always end up with a couple nicks. I do like the feel and weight though, which undoubtedly the Schick and PAL would not have comparatively.

Oud was the order of the day. You know, for a bunch of rotten doodoo , this scent is just too good!

Headed in for an early close today at work. Just have to find ways to creatively keep busy for the day!

Shave #177 (321 Open Blade Shaves) of 2019:

Gear: Supply Injector (2-dot plate), Supply blade, RR Big Bruce synth brush, JoHS Turkish Bath soap, generic witch hazel, Thayer’s Medicated, and Barbasol PR AS to finish!

Couldn’t see pilot Chris’ Barby PR shave yesterday and not have one of my own this week!

Switched it up to the 2-dot plate today. Definitely much more efficient than the 1er but you have to be super careful with any pass even marginally resembling ATG. Came away with a couple follicle nicks but overall a decent shave. This razor just has an aggressive tendency, but if you can master it (or are OK not going ATG), the shaves are great!

Really enjoying pulling out the Turkish Bath soap more often. I used to be of the mindset to hoard it, because it was the only barbershop scent I had...but really these JoHS tubs are ginormous and I have my favored CBL one to boot, so why not use it more often!

Normal work shift later today. Going in briefly for about an hour this morning to help close up the elder’s bible study for the summer break, answering final questions on the books of Amos and James...on the spot! Thankfully the regular teaching pastor will be present as well. I wore a little extra deodorant anyway in case I get stuck in the hot seat. :001_tongu

Have a great Thursday all!

Shave #178 (321 Open Blade Shaves) of 2019:

Gear: Supply Injector (2-dot plate), Supply blade, RR Big Bruce synth brush, SS Citrus & Bay soap, generic witch hazel, Thayer’s Medicated, and Bootlegger’s Bay Rum AS to finish!

Nice shave with the Supply Jectah today. This thing’s plate 2 is highly efficient!

Bay was the order of the day! Silky slick lather from the Citrus & Bay along with the BBR pairing...shave excellence!

Off to work a bit early, so that means I get home early too! Whoop whoop! Should be an easy day today.

Have a great Friday all!

Shave #179 (321 Open Blade Shaves) of 2019:

Gear: Supply Injector (2-dot plate), Supply blade, Yaqi SF synth brush, CBL 50 SoV soap, generic witch hazel/aloe blend, Thayer’s Medicated, and Fine Clean Vetiver AS to finish!

Pretty good shave today with the Jectah...only the corners of the upper lip really gave me some trouble, but that’s normal for most razors.

Vetiver was the flavor of the day after a nice, warm shower. Gave my doo a trim last night, so I must say that I’m looking pretty GQ...despite the fact I’m dressed in my surfer bum attire for work. Darn Californians.
upload_2019-6-29_9-13-22.gif

Off to work in a bit. Tomorrow is “5th Sunday”, something our church is trying to focus on intentionally. We combine all of our services into one, then have a huge luncheon/BBQ after instead of more services. It’s something fun for those who come, especially families, and it gets the members better acquainted with their various counterparts from other services (an issue with a larger church). So today is prep for all of that!

Have a great Saturday all!

Shave #180 (322 Open Blade Shaves) of 2019:

Gear: Feather AC SS folding, Feather Pro blade, TSC 1 Anniversary badger brush, CBL Oud Minerale soap, generic witch hazel, Thayer’s Medicated, Lucky Tiger AS, and Creed Aventus Cologne to finish!

Just a quick entry as we head out the door to church for the first half of the day. Fantastic shave and smells wafting off the skin today. I used some really high quality products and am blessed to have been able to!

Browsing Steve’s last SOTD, I was reminded I had Oud Minerale languishing away in the soap drawer. Not sure why I forgot about it. It might be the one soap I have currently that I enjoy more than CBL Barbershop. It made for a top notch pampering!

I knew without a doubt that I wanted to experience Creed this morning, so I used a maximum post shave regimen with fleeting scent. Then came the moment of truth...my very first experience of Creed. Just wow.

The Creed Aventus Cologne is meant to be a more unisex leaning fragrance, more clean and fresh than its original Aventus counterpart. I’ve never tried the original Aventus...but I’d sure as heck buy this if I had the cash! The difference in scent/liquids used from other colognes or frags I’ve tried is immediately noticeable (granted I’ve never tried a $300 fragrance before); I don’t even have the words to describe it, you just know the difference and it’s wonderful. The scent is indeed light, but the whiffs when you move just right are heavenly. It has this innate smooth, slickness that is carried in the scent...yeah. It actually paired better with the Oud Minerale scent better than I thought, though not exactly.

So that was a wordy wreck...such is the simpleton when he lacks the right words to describe things. :001_tongu

Have a blessed Sunday all!

Shave #181 (322 Open Blade Shaves) of 2019:

Gear: RR Hawk v1, Feather Pro blade, RR Big Bruce synth brush, CB Un Jour Gris soap, generic witch hazel, Thayer’s Medicated, and Myrsol Formula C AS to finish!

Video is up on the Tube- GearNoir’s Shave Log!

Shave #182 (322 Open Blade Shaves) of 2019:

Gear: RR Hawk v1, Feather Pro blade, RR Big Bruce synth brush, Cella soap, generic witch hazel/aloe blend, Thayer’s Medicated, and Speick AS to finish!

Decent shave with the Hawk today. Not quite as close as yesterday, but then I didn’t spend as long trying either!

Back to work today. It’s a shorter week since I get the 4th off (Thurs but my Wed). So I’m pretty happy about that! This week will mostly be prep work for VBS (vacation bible school) next week and the 400ish kids that will be attending.

Have a great Tuesday all!

Shave #183 (322 Open Blade Shaves) of 2019:

Gear: iKon El Jefe, Feather Pro blade, RR Big Bruce synth brush, DRH Sandalwood soap, generic witch hazel, Thayer’s Medicated, and Pitralon Classic AS to finish!

Just a quick entry as I head in to work for the day.

Nice shave with the El Jefe this morning. I did reopen a little nick from a pimple I decapitated a couple days ago, but no biggie. The DRH seems to have softened up a bit better, even with major lag between uses.

Pretty dead day at work today with tomorrow being a holiday. It’ll be a stretch to keep busy. Getting off early is never bad though!

Shave #184 (322 Open Blade Shaves) of 2019:

Gear: iKon El Jefe, Feather Pro blade, RR Big Bruce synth brush, LNHC Amber & Tobacco soap, generic witch hazel/aloe blend, Thayer’s Medicated, and Pinaud Special Reserve AS to finish!

No special theme this 4th. I just know I am going to be around the missus a lot today, so I picked something she says she likes the scent of.

The Jefe gave a nice, close shave today; only a few nicks on the difficult areas. Followed up the Amber & Tobacco shave with a healthy dose of Pinaud SR and some generous spritzes of Glastonbury EdT.

Everyone slept in this morning and is having a nice, relaxed time of it. We’ll hang out at home until later this afternoon when we’ll visit some friends for their big, annual neighborhood BBQ and festivities. Should be a nice day!

Have a great Thursday and a happy 4th all! ‘Murica!

Shave #185 (322 Open Blade Shaves) of 2019:

Gear: iKon El Jefe, Feather Pro blade, RR Big Bruce synth brush, LNHC Coconut Oud soap, generic witch hazel/aloe blend, Thayer’s Medicated, and RR The Stallion AS to finish!

Back to life, back to reality. Thankfully only two days of work until my weekend!

Nice shave with the Jefe, no blood loss. Could still smell the Pinaud SR and Glastonbury a little from yesterday, so I wanted another strong scent for today to over lay it a bit. Coconut Oud got the call. I’m almost at donut stage on this one, though still far to go before it’s gone; there’s just a thin layer of soap in the middle, but plenty on the outside. Followed up with the nice, near cologne strength Stallion, and all is well.

Going to be pretty dead at work today and tomorrow, but we do get early days thankfully.

Have a great Friday all (doesn’t feel like a Friday)!

Shave #186 (322 Open Blade Shaves) of 2019:

Gear: PAL Adjustable injector, Schick blade, RR Big Bruce synth brush, Tabac soap, generic witch hazel, Thayer’s Medicated, and BB Clubman Fresh AS to finish!

Well I don’t know that all the negative press is about, but I had a darn good shave with the PAL from @imatabor today!

Used John’s favorite soap today, shhh it’ll be our secret! Tabac paved the way to 3 great passes. I played around with the PAL settings, 1 for the WTG (almost couldn’t feel the blade, though it was cutting), 3 for the XTG, and 2 for the ATG. Only nicked one follicle on the 2 pass, but it was all super smooth! About half BBS, the rest is a touch into DFS. Finished up with my Clubman mix, and I’m golden!

Off to work in about 30 minutes. Getting the campus ready for services and prepping some rooms for VBS this coming week. Easy day, just a bunch of busy work!

Happy Saturday all!

Top Bottom