What's new

First shave with a Toggle!

proxy.php
This! ^

Thanks everyone! Second shave just as good as the first. Used setting 5 again. Next time I fave a few days growth I'll have to give it a go in the higher gears.
P1090103(rc1rs).jpg

KeenDogg

Slays On Fleek - For Rizz
Dolphin Smooth. That is my new favorite term. Should call your toggle "Flipper"! How fitting!![emoji16]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Dolphin Smooth. That is my new favorite term. Should call your toggle "Flipper"! How fitting!![emoji16]

Ha ha! I may have to do that. I always thought they look more like mermaid tails though. I can't take credit for dolphin smooth though, can't remember who I heard it from, but I'm sure it was someone here on B&B.

KeenDogg

Slays On Fleek - For Rizz
Ha ha! I may have to do that. I always thought they look more like mermaids though. I can't take credit for dolphin smooth though, can't remember who I heard it from, but I'm sure it was someone here on B&B.
Mermaid! That is perfect!

Congratulations!!! I have been a big fan of the Toggle since the beginning of my return to wet shaving. I like 4 for a couple days of growth. My skin is sensitive so I prefer multiple mild passes.

It is my all time favorite razor and hangs permanently next to the sink. The only razor that even comes close for me is the Rocket HD, which is pretty darn close, maybe a shade better. Or not.

Congrats on finding one in the wild. Love the way my Toggle Shaves and yes Max it out and you'll find it is still smooth yet very efficient. Couple of tips. When you pull the Toggle to open slightly pull down first before turning it. That will not only cut down on the stress but also you won't get as many marks in that spot. Also just a suggestion you may want to send it out to Cap for a good cleaning as no other razor builds up gunk like a Toggle and it can effect the mechanism. I sent a couple of mine out that looked mint on the outside but when he sent photos back after taking them apart I was in shock how much gunk was in them. He will also align them which makes them shave even better. His prices are more than fair as anyone on here can back up and you are very lucky you got yours at a reasonable price so putting a few bucks into it would in the long term be well worth it. Plus Cap can give you a explanation of everything he's learned about Toggles. You'll find it very interesting.

Great Shaves!
Thanks for the tips! Is the Cap doing Toggles again? I thought I heard he stopped working on them. When you say align do you mean blade gap. I did notice a bit of unevenness when cleaning which did get better after soaking. and as long as i give it a pinch once the doors are closed it evens right out and stays that way until I open it again. At first I thought it was a bent T bar, but since it got better after soaking and it straightens out I'm thinking it's just some gunk holding one end up. It shaves great and even if I don't give it a little pinch the unevenness is barely more than the Fatboy I use all the time and have never had any issues with. I did also notice a little chunk of hardened gunk come out from under the plate this morning. It was pretty clean when I found it, but had some gunk in the corners.

I definitely will try it wide open. I used to run my Fatboy on 9 all the time. But as the hair on top my head gets thinner 9 is just too much for that area.

I skipped yesterday's shave and cranked it up to 9 for today. Probably didn't need to go wide open for only 2 day's growth, but was still very smooth and left me with a very nice DFS+ after 2 quick and easy passes. Sill have to try it clear at the bottom of the dial just for fun.

Dialed it all the way down to 1 this morning. Probably would have been better with a fresh blade. Still on the same Astr SP I've used for every shave with this razor so far, so this would be the 5th head shave. This is till kind of fresh for me, I usually get at least a dozen shaves from an SP and have taken a few into the 30s. Not a wide range of effective angles at 1so you really have to be spot on. First pass left quite a bit of stubble, but the second did a much better job. I could have had an acceptable shave wit a little cleanup, but I went for a full third pass. After the third I was left with a nice CCS. I probably could have got to DFS or better if I would have done some blade buffing, but I left it where it was it was more than good enough for me. I was surprised that it did as well as it did on 1. I can't see myself using it here, but it's good to know that it is capable.

Congratulations on the toggle! I just purchased my first toggle today, and I am eagerly awaiting its arrival!
Awesome, congrats! I just used mine a couple of days ago. I keep thinking it's time to clean it up and put it a case in the closet where it will be safer, but I keep saying just one more shave first. So it stays in the pile in the medicine cabinet.
P1090232(rc1rs).jpg

Graydog

Biblical Innards
Toggle Love :) I purchased one a few months ago and like you I thought of Fatboy before I
Had it in my hand. Love the way it shaves
and the way she looks.
And to think that Gillette released it across the USA in different test markets and it was not resived as a winner . Had to be the price back in the day. Like you said one of the best shaver's
You can buy. Congrats on the amazing find!

Top Bottom