What's new

First Notice

January 2, 2020 will be the first day of A Year of Haslingers.
I look forward to a year with the variety of this classic high performance shave soap.

This is the first notice.

A new thread for sign ups will appear in December.
This gives us time to shave our soap inventories to appropriate levels.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
At first I thought you were gonna tell me my electric was gettin' cut off. I'll pay when I get the second one, I promise!

Last time I did this I got about 2 months per puck.

Jan / Feb = Schafmilch
March / April = Aloe Vera
May / June = Marigold
July / August = Coconut
Sept / Oct = Sage
Nov / Dec = sandalwood

Honey and seaweed are also great.... but a guy can only shave so many times.

Last time I did this I got about 2 months per puck.

Jan / Feb = Schafmilch
March / April = Aloe Vera
May / June = Marigold
July / August = Coconut
Sept / Oct = Sage
Nov / Dec = sandalwood

Honey and seaweed are also great.... but a guy can only shave so many times.
Thanks!
I intend to explore these.
I have read about how Haslingers soaps are designed to nurture the skin and I have found Schaffmich to be excellent.

Wow, this would be hard!

Not because Haslinger isn’t excellent, but because my other soaps would be so neglected. Having 12-14 pucks of Haslinger in a drawer in all different flavors, I’ll think about it. Plenty of time to mull it over.

Wow, this would be hard!

Not because Haslinger isn’t excellent, but because my other soaps would be so neglected. Having 12-14 pucks of Haslinger in a drawer in all different flavors, I’ll think about it. Plenty of time to mull it over.
Wow, this would be hard!

There is no requirement to try all of them. Use the soap that matches your scent profile if you like.
Having discovered Schaffmilch and read about the others I’m eager to try them for their performance and post shave feel and not so much the scents.
However, I don’t want to upset the millennials in the office.

Thanks!
I intend to explore these.
I have read about how Haslingers soaps are designed to nurture the skin and I have found Schaffmich to be excellent.
I think you're right that Haslinger is good for your skin. Plenty of soaps make for a good lather and shave, but don't leave my face feeling so good with no irritation. Some do, but these are more expensive. And what i like is the small puck size, so you can try a variety in a relatively short time.

I think you're right that Haslinger is good for your skin. Plenty of soaps make for a good lather and shave, but don't leave my face feeling so good with no irritation. Some do, but these are more expensive. And what i like is the small puck size, so you can try a variety in a relatively short time.

I agree.
I’ll get around to SV and others.
I’m looking forward to the journey.
I’m also going to start exploring post shave balms. I like Nivea and am going to try some others.

I agree.
I’ll get around to SV and others.
I’m looking forward to the journey.
I’m also going to start exploring post shave balms. I like Nivea and am going to try some others.
Yes SV is excellent but not by much. I'd say both brands are made with skin care.

I have over 120 soaps in my den, so I generally use a different soap every day. When testing a new soap, I will use it several days in a row to properly evaluate its performance. I cannot conceive of using anything every day of the year. I do eat oatmeal six days a week, but once a week, I have bacon and eggs.

I have over 120 soaps in my den, so I generally use a different soap every day. When testing a new soap, I will use it several days in a row to properly evaluate its performance. I cannot conceive of using anything every day of the year. I do eat oatmeal six days a week, but once a week, I have bacon and eggs.

That sounds fantastic.
I’m in the small bathroom and don’t have that kind of storage space.
Variety is the spice of life!

Top Bottom