What's new

First DE shave -some questions

Well today i had my first DE shave . I did a good preparation and used the most fool proof combination as i see it. Late 40's Gillette SS and IP blades. I tried to watch the pressure the angle -everything. After a first wtg pass i felt almost no beard reduction ,so i did another wtg ,just a litlle bit better still lots and lots of stuble ,than i did one across the grain -still bad . But skin felt great so i ended up doing two!against the grain passes and got 90% BBS shave with almost no irritation.With the fusion i used before i could only dream of making one ATG pass .
The good news i got a great shave the bad news it took about half an hour and lots of passes( . I never thought i have an "elephant skin '" but may be i have to make some adjustments razor/blades(i also have a slim adjustable) to make it a litle more agressive,to make it with less passes (or may be its just a matter of expirience). Any thoughts will be apreciated .

Try a different blade from the sampler pack---a Swedish Gillette or a Feather. Maybe it's the blade. Also, strange to type this, maybe your blade angle is TOO flat. But I would first try a different blade.

Top Bottom