What's new

First DE Blade You Ever Used?

First blade was a generic unbranded blade in a generic unbranded drug store safety razor.

Does not need to tell that was everything awful, painful and horrendous shave. I forget this thing and stick to cartridges, mostly BIC disposable for more ten years.

Then I got one Edwin Jagger EJ89 that came with Derby Blades. Then those were the first reasonable ones. Then a pack of Israeli Personna red platinums then trying new shaving stuff became a hobby. And has been for more than a decade.

The Merkur blade that came with my 34C. It was not a good experience. I might need to revisit a Merkur blade all these years later. I’m sure it was technique that was at fault.

No doubt a generic Personna as found store-branded in grocery and drug stores across America my whole life. Always the cheapest choice. Now I have better blades for much less money, by the 100 lot.

I was a Techmatic and Schick injector shaver before I left home, so no, I didn't hijack any of my dad's Gillette DE blades.

The Merkur blade that came with my 34C. It was not a good experience. I might need to revisit a Merkur blade all these years later. I’m sure it was technique that was at fault.

I've never been a Merkur blade fan and I have had Merkur slants in my rotation since the 1970s.

First for me was Wilkinson (German). That was about a decade ago when I had my first round with DE's. Didn't last long but came back to wet shaving again a few months ago. And I'm still using the Wilkinsons sometimes. Those were accessible back then at Wal Mart so that's the reason I used them.

Mine was a dorco blade..The razor was your standard butterfly razor. Something that resembled the microtouch one..The one with Rick Harrison. I was amazed how I took out a weeks growth without any fuss..from that moment I never looked back. I bought a hundred pack of dorcos, followed by gillete 7 o'clocks..then I started to do some research and found Astra and feathers. I used the first hundred pack of dorco for three years. Those first three years cost less than 20 dollars combined..lol

Last edited:

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I was probably 12 or 13..... Undoubtedly Dad was at werk, 2nd shift, or out with Mom, and I wanted to get rid of the peach fuzz below my nose and turn the uni-brow into two eye brows. Even chance it was a SE Schick or a Gillette DE of some kind. I really wish I could remember.... And probably used some Noxzema face cream for soap. LoL, he used that crap on everything!

I still have no idea how I got into DE shaving years ago but surprisingly I do remember my first blade. A generic store brand private label Personna from a grocery store I had to drive an hour to get as this was pre wet shaving boom.

Top Bottom