What's new

Firearms Humor

Whisky

ATF. I use all three.
Staff member
F8818CA9-E163-40AF-B497-7ACAA610C2BB.jpeg

having spent 8 years of my life volunteer ar Public Shoot Range as Safety Officer. Best joke were customers who had watched mandatory safety video, were surrounded with safety signs, doos n don'ts. Do dumb things they should have understood not too.

One rocket scientist even picked up bad snake on range to gutter better look, then let it bit him on wrist. Snake was Ratter, and he knew it was, but want better look at it. Got bit, and expensive ride in LifeFlight to save his D**B backside.

Whisky

ATF. I use all three.
Staff member
One rocket scientist even picked up bad snake on range to gutter better look, then let it bit him on wrist. Snake was Ratter, and he knew it was, but want better look at it. Got bit, and expensive ride in LifeFlight to save his D**B backside
I ran a call one time where someone was bitten 3 extra times trying to catch the water moccasin so they could take it with them to the hospital for identification. Sheriffs dept showed up and shot it with a 12g. Not much to take with us. The person that was bit later told us he knew what kind of snake it was but had always heard take it to the hospital. I ran into him at a gun range about 6mo later. He lost the pointer finger on his right hand and was teaching himself to pull the trigger using his middle finger.

Didn't know where to put this; didn't want to derail the "gun safe" thread. Seems like some folks over there were sensitive about possible "derailment."

Anyway, I'm going to call this post "Gun Safes, Guns, and Diamonds." It might be seen as humor, a bro story, or "what a jerk". Don't care, been on the mower all day.
Over on the gun safe thread:
@Lightcs1776 mentioned that "a safe at that price point, wouldn't justify my meager collection."
I said "put your wife's diamonds in there." He said he would if they weren't on her finger.

Got me to thinking and brought back some memories.

About 15 years ago I had been fondling a Springfield EMP at the local gun store. I liked it, plus the fact that it was marketed as a 1911 style pistol that was designed around the 9mm.
I was hemming and hawing because it was about $1,200. Decided to get it anyway.

Then it came to me. My significant other had been bugging me for a diamond ring. For years.
What a terrible investment! lol I don't wear any jewelry, not even a watch. Don't want to get hung up on horses, equipment or tools.

Kill two birds with one stone, I thought. I said to her, I'll buy you a diamond ring if you buy me that gun.
She not only did she say yes, she was excited about it.
She had to pick it out, it had to be just right. She says, "I want an old fashioned ring, not a new one that depreciates like crazy"

Meanwhile, I buy the EMP and she pays for it.

A customer of mine had told me about all the pawn shops in Las Vegas where there were tons of diamond rings and other diamonds. She looked and looked for months. Finally found one here at the local pawn shop. Just right.

It was $3,300 I think, but appraised for more than twice that. She said she would throw in a 60" plasma tv.
I said, ok, I need a pair of Wiley X prescription shooting glasses (trifocals) too. OK.

Not done yet. By this time it was getting near Christmas. Her birthday is the 24th.
I said, "am I off the hook for your birthday, Christmas, AND Valentines Day?
"Sure"

So, I guess she always wears the ring, but she has a bunch of other diamonds in the safe that she bought for herself. She was a union bedside ICU nurse for 45 years.

And that's the rest of the story.

Top Bottom