What's new

Filarmonica boxes and scales

For me, this is probably the Holy Grail of shaving.

Unfortunately not mine.

1620419757199.png

1620419979903.png

^^^ This.

Here’s the quick guide:

Curved tang lettering, Gen 1
JMP on blade graphics, earlier Gen 1
Straight tang lettering Gen 2 or later
No Jose Monserrat Pou Gen 4
No ‘Made in …’ on pile side, pre-1952/1955 (veries from source to source).

wrl’s post in the Filly love thread contains this information, and about all anyone else can do is reiterate all or parts of this excellent post, as I’ve done here.

If you’re not collecting, just make sure Jose Monserrat Pou is stamped on the tang and it’s in good condition.

So, this DT is a 1st Generation based on the curved tang lettering?

1620436700016.jpeg
s-l1605.jpg
s-l1600.jpg

So did you get your first Fili shave-ready?

I would like to hear your impressions on the shave. I am enjoying my 13's a lot, in some ways easier to use because they are slightly smaller. Very happy that I started buying 13's, however the 14 Sub Cero's remain the firm favourites.

I would like to hear your impressions on the shave. I am enjoying my 13's a lot, in some ways easier to use because they are slightly smaller. Very happy that I started buying 13's, however the 14 Sub Cero's remain the firm favourites.
I got busy with some things and put it off for a week. Actually, I am new to honing and want to practice on my
JNats a little more before I clean up the Filly. I picked up a half dozen "beater" razors at auction just for that purpose.
I also purchased an Atoma daimond plate at Morihei in Tokyo because I felt that my wakasa was not perfectly flat. I will
give you a report when the "Medallon Taurino" is shave ready. Meanwhile, my mother is forwarding the 1st generation DT
13 to Alfredo for a tune-up.

The Novodur was supposedly for professional use.
I had a 13 Novodur and a 13 doble temple and the Novodur was supremely balanced in the hand. More so them the DT.

It took me a month but I finally honed the MT 13....first shave tomorrow!

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
I am looking at possibly buying Filarmonica SR.
A question:
What are the differences between the Filarmonica 13's and 14's?

Top Bottom