FFFMM 2024.jpg

FFFMM 2024 Day 21, Shave 21:

Razor:
Gillette Slim Adjustable set on #4
Blade: Gillette 7 O'Clock Green (5)
Soap: Williams Barbers' Bar Soap (50)
Brush: Semogue Excelsior 830

21 shaves down, 10 to go.

@Cal, please remind me, is it within the rules of engagement here to change the setting on my Slim Adjustable?

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
The Fixed Four:
Shave 11 - roughly 71 hour growth

Soap: Phoenix and Beau Iceni
Brush: Edwin Jagger 19mm best badger
Razor: Game Changer 84-P head on Edwin Jagger DE3D14 handle
Blade: Wilkinson Sword Classic (12th shave)

Still in the fight. This shave felt a little tuggy, but I think that was probably lather/brush rather than razor/blade.

I was maybe trying to accomodate the scritch, and using the brush too lightly for three day growth. The lather seemed good, but I don't think it was worked through to skin level adequately on that first pass. The second pass was adequate though, and got me to the desired finish.

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
FFFMM 2024 Day 21, Shave 21:

Razor:
Gillette Slim Adjustable set on #4
Blade: Gillette 7 O'Clock Green (5)
Soap: Williams Barbers' Bar Soap (50)

21 shaves down, 10 to go.

@Cal, please remind me, is it within the rules of engagement here to change the setting on my Slim Adjustable?

I'm not Cal but this has been discussed before.
  • Yes, you can change the settings on an adjustable such as the Slim, Osprey, Flexi, etc.
  • However, changing baseplates, as with the Superslant, is not permitted by the rules of the Fixed.
Happy shaves,

Jim

FFFMM ‘24 #15

Smooth, close & comfortable shave. No fanfare, no thrills or spills to mention. I did give myself just a bit of heat around the jawline on both sides cleaning up some stragglers as the alum pass pointed it out to me. Yet, a final cold water splash, some skin food from Ethos and all subsided within 10 minutes. It’s a wrap.

Great shaves to all….

DA77A3B3-2D43-456E-A2D3-0F8C94191622.jpeg

FFFMM 2024 Day 22, Shave 22:

Razor:
Gillette Slim Adjustable set on #2 for pass 1, then #5 for the rest of the shave
Blade: Gillette 7 O'Clock Green (6)
Soap: Williams Barbers' Bar Soap (51)

I have a coarse beard. With the Slim set on #1 or #2, the shave feels plastic-blade smooth, but the stubble comes back too soon. With it set on #4, the shave lasts longer, but the first pass feels a little rough. So this time I did the first pass on #2, then switched to #5 for the rest of the shave. Worked great! All passes felt smooth and so far it feels like the shave will last longer. I should have tried this sooner!

FFFMM 2024: Shave 12.
Date: March 23, 2024.
Razor: Rockwell Stainless in Red, base plate 6.
Blade: Voskhod, blade 12.
Pre-shave wash: Hot water and Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser.
Shaving Cream: Laser Shaving Cream Lemon.
Brush: Bombay Shaving Company Synthetic.
Post Shave: Cold water splash and MiNature Alum Block.
Aftershave: Dickinson's Witch Hazel, Jaques Bogart Aftershave Balm.

Top Bottom