What's new

FER a CHEVAL .... Olive vs. Olive & Palm

On Marco's wonderful recommendation , I finally obtained some Fer a Cheval soaps. The sellers on Amazon had way too many bad reviews for selling rancid soap , so I went with a local distributor , the Berkeley ( CA. ) French Soap Co. ...... The bars and cubes arrived VERY fresh, one whiff and you'll know. These soaps do not contain bactericides or preservatives, you must get them FRESH ! ..... I have made many batches of cold process soap, so I know the addition of palm " kernel " oil adds creaminess and body to lather.Palm kernel oil is a super saturated solid vegetable fat , that's why 2 cookies made with it can contain 35% of your recommended daily fat intake. Palm " fruit " oil is liquid at room temperatures and more costly. Almost every last cookie and most baked sweets in today's markets are made with palm kernel oil, but legally can be labeled as simply " palm oil "... Fer a Cheval lists " palm oil " in the soap ,but does not reveal whether or not it's " fruit or kernel " ...
IMG_1018.JPG
IMG_1017.JPG
IMG_1016.JPG
IMG_1015.JPG
IMG_1013.JPG
I love both of these soaps , they both smell like simple clean soap, both leave the skin soft , and a 600 gram cube will last quite awhile, so at $13 it's a bargain .... FER a CHEVAL
HIGHLY RECOMMENDED !!

...Fer a Cheval lists " palm oil " in the soap ,but does not reveal whether or not it's " fruit or kernel "...
Per the ingredients, the soap has these two:

sodium palmate (from palm fruit oil, typically) and,

sodium palm kernelate (from palm kernel oil).

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
Yes Sir, these are TRUE Marseille soaps!

P.S. @malocchio My friend, you should also try Nesti Dante. These pure Italian soaps are deliciously scented and, of course, of the highest quality. :thumbup:

Yes Sir, these are TRUE Marseille soaps!

P.S. @malocchio My friend, you should also try Nesti Dante. These pure Italian soaps are deliciously scented and, of course, of the highest quality. :thumbup:
I certainly intend to !..................I noticed between the Fer le Cheval soaps the formula with palm oil is a little " oiler " on the skin , not a complaint , just an observation !

Top Bottom