What's new

Female Newbie Journal: Falling Down the Rabbit Hole

Shave Mail~9/14/18~Crystal Skulls

Will use these to soak my brushes.
Crystal Skulls.JPG

ALL RUSSIAN BLADES CONTINUED~Rapira Super Stainless~3'rd Use~9/15/18

Not used my RazoRock SLOC in ages, so gave it a go tonight. This is a mild double open comb razor that I find the angle is hard to find due to no blade feel or audio feedback and hard to maintain. That can make over shaving easy from too much buffing. Soap used was Saponnifcio Virgilio Valobra soft almond cream lathered with my Plissoft Brush.

Did 3 passes, WTG, XTG both ways (with the residual trail of soap/water left), and ATG. It was halfway into the shave before I started to get the feel for the angle but still hard to maintain. The lather was protective and offered good residual slickness for that buffing.

Settled in the shave with Thayers Rose Petal Witch Hazel and my new bottle of Nivea Men 2in1 After Shave (also known as 2 Phase). With those 2 phases in one product, no post shave balm was needed. BBS Shave achieved.

Thats a nice Aristocrat Jill. Nice brush too @Graydog!

I wonder if the soap did lose some of its menthol effect. Its a favorite soap of my nephews. I find the regular Stirling menthol soaps borderline too cold.
I love my Aristocrat, it shaves so beautifully. I absolutely LOVE my @Graydog custom brush. The knot is so dense and holds the lather so well and lets it go too. Good backbone. The feel of it is marvelous!

Shave Mail~9/17/18~Kai Captain Titan Mild Pink Blades

Yeah, they finally arrived...Can't wait to try them in my new Feather AC-like Straight Handle Razor.
Kai Captain Titan Mild Pink Blades.JPG

Kai Captain Titan Mild Pink Blade~1'st Use~9/17/18

Well, these darn blades finally arrived after a month long wait for them. I've been wanting to try that new C.J.B. Kamisori Straight Handle Shavette Razor (Feather AC-like Razor) since I got it.

This afternoon I did a Babygirl face shave with it. I loaded my Fine Accoutrements Angel Hair Brush with some DR Harris Marlborough soap and was off... The DR Harris soap was one of my very first pucks I ordered when I came back to DE Wet Shaving and I like it; a nice triple milled hard soap that makes a great lather. I felt very protected with it and it had the slickness needed for a shavette shave.
I only did one pass and then concentrated on cleaning up my chin area where I get coarse hair so as not to over shave and get irritation. I found this C.J.B. to be very easy to maneuver and use and got a nice BBS shave, and not one weeper or hesitation mark.

Since receiving my Barbedeaux Aftershave, I love it and it is all I need for a post shave routine. That stuff is the real deal for face feel and healing properties.

Still under the weather from the trauma of that darn fire ant attack and the immune system is wanky so I napped and didn't wake up until 9 p.m. No leg shave tonight.

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
Follow up: I jumped in the tub and did my leg shave with the same items and the strangest thing is, the Cryogen was very chilly, as much as Stirling Soap Co Glacial soaps are. Things that make ya go, hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm~

The Cube!

When you used it, maybe it created a barrier between the soap and your skin limiting the menthol effect.

ALL RUSSIAN BLADES CONTINUED~Rapira Super Stainless~4'th Use~9/18/18

Razor: Rockewell 6C with Plate3~Pre-Shave: PAA CUBE~Soap: DR Harris Marlbough~Brush: RazorRock Plissoft Bruce Handle
Post-Shave: Thayers Rose Petal Witch Hazel, PAA Al Fin Star Jelly Aftershave

Still feeling under the weather with this compromised immune system from those fire ant stings. You know you're sick when you don't feel like doing a daily shave.

Did a WTG, XTG both ways (with soap residual), and ATG. Started to feel like I was chasing the Dragon for that BBS Shave. The blade may be on its last leg? DR Harris soaps are always a luxurious lather and tonight was no exception.

I like the Star Jelly Aftershave as it combines Aftershave and Balm in one product.

Shave Mail~9/22/18
When you can't decide on which scent to order...a special place in my heart for
Pinaud Clubman because it was one of the first aftershaves I bought.
Pinaud Aftershaves.JPG
WCS Chypre Cream.JPG

My WCS Chypre pre-order finally came...this scent is amazing and mid-strong.

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Shave Mail~Proraso Cypress & Vetyver Shave Cream~8/24/18

Proroso's newest type of offering, Cypress & Vetyver Shave Cream in huge 9.5 oz. pouch.
View attachment 907191

Cal @Cal taught me to turn that stuff into a softish soap. Just fill any ole empty tin or soap jar with the shave cream, about half way full. Leave it out on a counter top, table top, or shelf, uncovered, for a few weeks. It will turn into a shaving soap. Then, close the container and use as usual.

Of course, that's just if you want to make some of it into a soap. There will be plenty of cream left.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Cal @Cal taught me to turn that stuff into a softish soap. Just fill any ole empty tin or soap jar with the shave cream, about half way full. Leave it out on a counter top, table top, or shelf, uncovered, for a few weeks. It will turn into a shaving soap. Then, close the container and use as usual.

Of course, that's just if you want to make some of it into a soap. There will be plenty of cream left.

Happy shaves,

Jim
That's interesting.

Top Bottom