What's new

Featherjector experiences

I would like to start a thread with those using the Feather blades in their Injector razors.

Are you still experiencing the best shave with these?

Do early manufacture Schicks, or adjustables work better with them? What about the Pal razors?

I'm currently using the Pro Blades in a G model and boy they are sharp... An every other day shave is all I need.

Have only used the German Schick's until now.

I'm cutting mine with Aviation sheet metal snips and stoning the cut end smooth before inserting them. I found this the fastest. If the cut ends aren't stoned smooth they don't want to slide smoothly into the razor without galling and moving sideways causing blade edge to drag and dull on blade stops. I also cut and square both ends. If not, the large radius corner of the Feather on the un-cut end can seat the blade at a slight angle to the safety bar, depending where it contacts the little blade stops. I use a penetrating oil on the razorhead clamp so blades slide in really smooth.

I consitantly get great shaves with my Featherjector. The blades stay sharp for a decent while as well, I threw away a few blades before they lost their effectiveness before I learned that.

Just received NOS Pal adjustable, and I'm still playing with the adjustments, it is very different then Schick in the way it holds the blade. Blades come really close to rubbing on metal stops when inserting blades. It does not open up as much when key of cartridge is inserted, as Schicks, blades go in hard. Pal and Schick cartridges appear identical in dimensions. Haven't tried Feathers in it yet. And, it does not have the serrations on the safety bar, that I believe set up skin and whiskers to the blade, much better then smooth bar. Still getting closest shave with older G model Schick and Feather Pro combination. I don't experience the skin irritation mentioned by others using this combination. I use CremoCream most of the time now, and do a single pass N/S with some touch up against grain in spots. My fine whiskers, (Red hair), are "pingless" with the sharp feathers, so smooth, feels like shaving without a blade.

Top Bottom