What's new

Feather, measure of all blades

I still have to try:

Feather Crow
Centwin SP
Voskhod
SuperMax Stainless
Treet Classic

If you have any current production blades, that are readily available and have not yet been tested, please pm/pif me. I am looking for a.o.

Shogun (red)
SuperMax Tiger
Schick Stainless

Last edited:
Will,

Have you received the feather crow yet? I included some other ones for you to try. Let me know status if you can.

Thank you for your great reviews.

David

Just read this whole thread. Thanks for sharing. I did not keep track closely but I think I see a few blades missing that many people think highly of. First is the 7 O'Clock Super Platinums (Blue). Given your high score for the blacks curious what you think of the Blues and many prefer them to the Blacks. Also, the Gillette Rubie you tried was from China, I think. There is one made at the St. Pete plant that many also think very highly of. Finally, unless I missed it, I did not see Perma-Sharp Supers (the Russian made ones sold in Turkey) on you list and those are the absolute favorites of a few people, and one of my personal favorites. Have I missed these reviews, or will you try to include them in the future?

Just read this whole thread. Thanks for sharing. I did not keep track closely but I think I see a few blades missing that many people think highly of. First is the 7 O'Clock Super Platinums (Blue). Given your high score for the blacks curious what you think of the Blues and many prefer them to the Blacks. Also, the Gillette Rubie you tried was from China, I think. There is one made at the St. Pete plant that many also think very highly of. Finally, unless I missed it, I did not see Perma-Sharp Supers (the Russian made ones sold in Turkey) on you list and those are the absolute favorites of a few people, and one of my personal favorites. Have I missed these reviews, or will you try to include them in the future?

Thanks. Perma-Sharp Super is test #14. The other blades I do not have, so I can not test them. But as it says on the bottom of my posts: "If you have any current production blades, that are readily available and have not yet been tested, please pm/pif me."

I've only got a couple of 7 O'Clock SUper Platinum russian-made (Blue pack) available that I want to save to retry them in a few weeks. Maybe somebody else can send you those. But I've got some extra russian-made Gillette Rubies. PM your address and I can send to you.

This is an old thread but too good to pass up - I've read it all - but is there a "final" score-sheet on the blades? I cut & pasted the last one posted - but there were quite a few blades tested after that.

"final tally" is on page 8. this is a wonderful thread and will be the basis of my blade acquisitions. This would be a good sticky, no?

Not really. It's a misleading metric. It indicates popularity. What's best for any given person varies and is up to the person to determine.

The Feather seems to be many shavers Holy Grail. I do admit the first shave on a Feather is excellent. From there it goes down hill fast. I have 7 O'clock yellows that give me better shaves after 5 or 6 shaves than the Feather does on the 3rd. There are blades than rival if not equal Feathers first shave and are better from there on. Only my own opinion and experience.

Top Bottom