What's new

Favourite outdoors area/spot.where you live and/or in another country. Why?

What is your favourite outdoors area/spot...where you live and/or.... in another country.

Why does your favourite area appeal to you ?

Legion

Staff member
My favourite is the rainforest areas of coastal southern Victoria, Australia. They are like something out of Jurassic Park, and in a perfect world I would be able to buy a few acres and build a log cabin there.

Maybe when the zombies take over...

proxy.php

Im not telling. If I do before long all these other people will show up. People I do not like, with screaming children and blaring sound systems.
Land developers will show up and build giant high rise hotels, for the people with screaming children, because sleeping in a tent is uncomfortable, and there is no AC.
Land value will go up, taxes will go up.
Then I will have to find a new place for the hermit convention.
how are we supposed to get any hermiting done if you all keep showing up.

Im not telling. If I do before long all these other people will show up. People I do not like, with screaming children and blaring sound systems.
Land developers will show up and build giant high rise hotels, for the people with screaming children, because sleeping in a tent is uncomfortable, and there is no AC.
Land value will go up, taxes will go up.
Then I will have to find a new place for the hermit convention.
how are we supposed to get any hermiting done if you all keep showing up.

I know where that is. :001_smile

$NewRiverGorge.jpg

The New River Gorge Bridge, I've lived no more than 15 minutes away from this wonder for the better part of 25 years now. Nature at its best here in West Virginia!

South mountain in phx is where I head to hike and clear my head...sadly, work gets in the day or I would be in much better shape

Bartram Canoe Trail. This blackwater river looks like it's in the middle of nowhere, but it's actually off a fairly busy road in Jacksonville. Great place to kayak. I've seen alligators, a variety of snakes, osprey, fish and spiders. Heard - but have not seen - wild boar and river otters.

$IMAG0517.jpg

Arkansas, has great natural areas to explore. Our favorite is north of us, Devils Den State Park. Outlaws used to hide the numerous caves. Great trails for hiking.

Where I lived for years, the Teutoburger Wald was almost in our backyard (ok ... still a few miles away :wink2: ). Great area for wandering and rock climbing.

Since I live in "polder land" nowadays, there is nothing really close (unless you like water and grass). But within two hours of driving, my choice goes to the Belgian Ardennes.

Anywhere above tree line in the summer.

Canyon De Chelly in the spring

A small canyon within the eastern part of the the Navajo Reservation. Real close to where I grew up

An aspen grove in the Chuskas

Lukachukai at sunset

All of these places put me back in balance and remind me of what is important. I've been away from my old stomping grounds far too long.

The Teutoburger Wald is nice indeed, and there are great rock formations in the region. But the Belgian Ardennes and the Eifel are nearby, and I think they offer more outdoors opportunities. Luxembourg is nice too,

Top Bottom