What's new

Favorite Simpsons Chubby?

What is your favorite Simpsons Chubby?

• Total voters
I suspect the most popular will be the eminently usable mid-sized CH2 distantly followed by smaller CH1 then large CH3.

Personally I'd pick the CH3. Yes, it takes nearly three days to dry between uses, but it is over-the-top and who doesn't like that luxury from time to time?

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
I have a Chubby 1 and 2 and for me the Chubby 2 is just a bit too big for everyday use. The Chubby 1 is my perfect brush and is my winner.

20231014_140623~2.jpg

I have a Chubby 1 and 2 and for me the Chubby 2 is just a bit too big for everyday use. The Chubby 1 is my perfect brush and is my winner.

View attachment 1847394
For me the consideration between Chubby Sizing is more about drying time. With my 28mm brushes - I don’t think I could even consider a CH3

Good point. For those that shave everyday the CH1 is a great choice.

I err towards smaller brushes so the CH1 Super suits me just fine.
I feel I have CH1 coverage between my Commodore and Duke 3s. I’ve inadvertently neglected my Duke3 in favor of my Commodores, but have recently made a conscious effort to even things out between them.

It took me a bit to acclimate to the density of the CH2, but truly love where its come to be since new.

I find myself using the CH2 at least once a week, up to 3x if making strides at a 3017.

I can honestly say I plan to use my restraint exception in January towards a CH1 in other than Best in a limited handle

Last edited:
Chubby 2 in Best

Chubby 2 in Super

Chubby 2 in Sovereign Fibre

Chubby 2 in Synth Badger

(Chubby 3 in Best; Duke 3 in Best)

EDIT: since the initial post, I've purchased a Chubby 2 in Manchurian from the BST.

marty

Last edited:
The Chubby is my least favourite series by Simpson. It’s too dense to make lather effectively. Too short lofted to hold any lather and what lather it does make is constantly dripping down the short handle all over your hands. Its lack of contours mean that it’s forever falling into my lather bowl. It takes forever to dry. It won’t splay. As a shaving brush it has just about everything wrong that could be wrong. It’s a terrible design that makes no practical sense.

But….. it offers a wall of badger experience like no other brush. I’ve had the Chubby 1 in every hair grade and quite a few in the Chubby 2. It will never be my favourite brush but it’s one that I like revisit from time to time when the mood strikes. For me, the Chubby 2 Manchurian plays to all of the brushes strengths. Unparalleled backbone and presence on the face.

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy

View attachment 1847394
Exactly my own thoughts. However, a true Simpson lover must have at least one Chubby 2!

Here below my modest Chubby collection:

- Chubby 1 Best (x2)
- Chubby 1 Super (x2)
- Chubby 2 Best (x2)
- Chubby 2 Super (x1)
- Chubby 2 Manchurian (x1)
- Chubby 2 Synthetic (x2)

Also, the best friend of a Chubby has always been a Royal Member of the Simpson family: The Duke.

1000008969.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom