What's new

Favorite shaving “softgoods” of 2020?

So with 2020 now firmly in the books, what was your favorite “softgoods” shaving product of last year? By softgoods i mean simply anything that is an impermanant product: soaps, creams, aftershaves, blades, etc. My top product this year was Wizamet blades. I’ve tried a lot of blades and so far they’re holding down the #1 spot on my list. So lets hear it! What was your top product of 2020?

Stirling Frost drops. Menthol is addictive and now any soap/aftershave can be as cooling as I want. And the tiny bottle lasts ages.

B&M Soft Heart for me. Great soap base and I am loving Paganini’s Violin and Hallows.

Wizamets for blades as well. They are excellent.

What a year- 2020 was indeed different. I tried many new shave products, and many were great. But, to pick just one- Stirling's sheep base soap is my choice.

It's a tie, for me, between two soaps:
Sheep.jpg

Proraso SB Cream.jpg

For me it's Spearhead soaps. It produces excellent slick lather at a good value. Their Seaforth line is great as well but they're a bit pricey for the label and fragrance from Chatillon Lux.

For me it was scents last year.

Started the year with Tabac AS and EdC to go with my Tabac soap, and 4711 EdC. I now have added other classic scents (4711 AS, Clubman, Old Spice), started decanting plastic into glass, and started buying sets instead of soaps. Yes, the counter is significantly more cluttered.

Top Bottom