What's new

Favorite Post Shave Soaps

For me, any Grooming Dept soap has terrific post shave feel.

Declaration Grooming's milksteak base is also really good.

I'm two shaves into a jar of Ethos Lavender and so far I think it's another one that has elite post shave qualities.

Tried Truefitt & Hill Ultimate Comfort for the first time. Very nice, comfortable shave and post shave. Whether it’s the “ultimate” is TBD, but very nice for sure. This “unscented”cream has a nice, moderate lavender scent (from the lavender oil) of about 4 or 5…just no ‘parfum’. As a bonus, it requires very little product to produce a great lather…similar to elite European soaps like SV and MdC.

I have to sling some praise for Catie's Bubbles that makes the West Coast Shaving - Pear-Brrr-Shoppe I used this morning (the non-duck fat version). Awesome easy lather, very creamy and slick and great post shave feel. It's right there with the Stirling mutton from my experience.

The best:
1) MWF (by a long way)

...and then a bit of a gap...

2) Razorock XXX Fresca
3) Tabac (tallow) - just barely behind the Razorock.

ok - nothing spectacular stands out but doesn't irritate me either.
TOBS Lavender (the hard soap, not the cream)

Fails - all leave my skin dried out or irritated
Williams
Razorock 'What the Puck' orange (the only WTP I tried)
Proraso white

Beautiful post-shave results from Baume.Be!

IMG-0274 (1).jpg

Stirling Mutton Tallow
Cella Extra Extra Bio
Saponificio Varesino Beta 4.3

Actually, these are my current very Top Tier Soaps.

This is a very good list.

I will add another that has given me excellent post shave - red Proraso superformula. Its lather is not quite up to the quality of the three mentioned, but not far off. Post shave is excellent.

MWF is another good one.

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
This is a very good list.

I will add another that has given me excellent post shave - red Proraso superformula. Its lather is not quite up to the quality of the three mentioned, but not far off. Post shave is excellent.

MWF is another good one.

Actually, Cella Extra Extra Purissima should be added to the list too. It's still the glorious, original 1899 formula. :ouch1:

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
Stirling Mutton Tallow soaps
Captain's Choice soaps
Mike's Natural soaps
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements soaps (both regular CK formula and CK-6 formula)
Tabac (tallow base)
Mitchell's Wool Fat

There are actually a number of good ones on the market now..grateful for that. TOBS creams always left my face feeling soft and moisturized also. I used Barberry Coast Bay Rum shave cream the other day...smells fantastic, feels great when the shave is finished. For quality shaving choices...we live in a good time!

I think I just have the Cella Bio Normale Normale Purissima 😂
View attachment 1356923
But we’ll give it a shot tomorrow!
OK, very nice shave...scent...glide...post-shave...especially for $15! Is it as good as Truefitt & Hill? No, it is not.
Is it as good as Baume.Be or Acqua di Parma? No way! But these cost $30-$60! For a really good, cheap alternative to the best shave creams in the world, look no further than Cella. If you have the disposable income, treat yourself to one of the other creams mentioned.
proxy.php

"Houston, the Duck has landed."

Mallard.jpg

Unfortunately, I'm not a fan of the "tea, Earl Grey, hot" or cold! scent...story of my soap career :rolleyes:

IMG-0434.jpg

I will post on BST soon.

Aww…don’t be sad 😞
And don’t go by me!
My sense of smell is off! 🐽
I’m sure any “normal” nose will like it!
I always try to get unscented because 90% of scents I have a problem with. That’s obviously not an issue with the soaps/creams…it’s me!🤪

Aww…don’t be sad 😞
And don’t go by me!
My sense of smell is off! 🐽
I’m sure any “normal” nose will like it!
I always try to get unscented because 90% of scents I have a problem with. That’s obviously not an issue with the soaps/creams…it’s me!🤪
I was just hoping you would get a chance to try out Grooming Dep, it's a bit of a hunt as you see. 🤷‍♂️

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
Stirling Mutton Tallow soaps
Captain's Choice soaps
Mike's Natural soaps
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements soaps (both regular CK formula and CK-6 formula)
Tabac (tallow base)
Mitchell's Wool Fat

There are actually a number of good ones on the market now..grateful for that. TOBS creams always left my face feeling soft and moisturized also. I used Barberry Coast Bay Rum shave cream the other day...smells fantastic, feels great when the shave is finished. For quality shaving choices...we live in a good time!

Honorable mention...Wet the Face tallow base soaps...very slick.

Top Bottom