What's new

Favorite Post Shave Soaps

InShot_20211028_204813698.jpg

I'm also gonna go with Canada Shaving Soap.. The post shave of this is just incredible and it blows my mind that it can accomplish this with such a simple ingredient list. For runner ups I will say for me are the Fat, Stirling, Mike's and Strop Shoppe(RIP) and MdC.. But I am a full on believer in Canada 🍁

Dave himself

Wee Words of Wisdom
Yep…. Mitchell’s Wool Fat is the holy grail for this method above straight after the shave, give a real good face wash with the Fat and you’ll be truly amazed with the post shave feel.
The BS Macca root and aloe is another one. MWF is the best ive found so far 😍.

Yep…. Mitchell’s Wool Fat is the holy grail for this method above straight after the shave, give a real good face wash with the Fat and you’ll be truly amazed with the post shave feel.
I will definitely try it again. Too many guys around here love the Fat. Thanks.
The BS Macca root and aloe is another one. MWF is the best ive found so far 😍.
The Macca has been sitting on my shelf for weeks. Maybe I should actually open it and try it 😂

Its a really good cream the post shave feel is up there with MWF.
Not really.. I've tried the Body Shop Macca Root and Aloe shaving cream, it's not quite up there as high as near as Mitchelle's Wool Fat... No. Body Shop Macca Root and Aloe shaving cream are about 5 steps below against the MWF as YMMV depending on the person's skin.

Not really.. I've tried the Body Shop Macca Root and Aloe shaving cream, it's not quite up there as high as near as Mitchelle's Wool Fat... No. Body Shop Macca Root and Aloe shaving cream are about 5 steps below against the MWF as YMMV depending on the person's skin.
I'm going to hold off on the Fat...I may be developing a sensitivity to lanolin.

I also just tried Castle Forbes Lavender... the same thing...although the Sandalwood was non-irritating.

JCinPA

The Lather Maestro
I must admit that all fuzz about Stirling sheep in this tread cought my interest and I just placed an order (also for the cella bio) I hope they will hold up to the hype 😅

I gotta tell you at least one of them will, and probably both! For after shave face feel they are both at the top of the food chain IMNSHO. Please report back and tell us what you think, it's always different for every face, that's for sure. But those two are the way to bet!

Although so many good contenders here. Used old Tabac today, wonderful feel all day long. The Fat, awesome. SMdF, very, very good. Cella original, very good. But for some reason, those two really knock the ball out of the park.

Just got my first Truefitt & Hill shaving cream, Ultimate Comfort. I haven't tried it yet, but it could be the best-smelling shaving cream ever...not bad for being "unscented"! 😂
1635611858514.jpeg👍🏻
Not so sure about Acqua di Parma yellow. A little robust for me…or should I say robusto!
1635611950026.jpeg👎🏻

This is just for scents. The shaves will happen in the next few days.

Last edited:
Top Bottom