What's new

Favorite DE safety razor of all time?

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
Hi @Phoenixkh! Sorry I'm a bit new here, where can I find your journal?
Did you find it? I ramble a lot so you can skip around to find what interests you.

Feel free to PM me if I can be of assistance. We’re in Bali at the moment so we’re 12 hours ahead of US Eastern time.

ERS4

My exploding razor knows secrets
I have different "Favorite" for each project, and there is no one razor that rules them all.

But what is certain is that there is a razor that no matter whether I shave or not, even when I am sitting in the study and using computer... I can't help picking it up to appreciate and play with it, that is PILS 101NE.

It is gentle indeed, but at the same time every design does not bend to convention.
Like a dream girl with a soft voice but always mysterious and glamorous.
img_1_1681746710009.jpg

Like others have mentioned, it's a bit difficult to tell what's being asked for here.

If you'd just like my favorite, at the moment that is a very recently acquired pre-war fat handle Tech. Simply outstanding shaver that nearly everyone should be able to get at least a good, if not great, result from.

However, there were many 'faves' before that one and there will almost certainly be more to come.

OTOH, if you are looking for a recommendation then the above is close to irrelevant. We'd need to hear a lot more about your current gear, preferences, etc.

I have different "Favorite" for each project, and there is no one razor that rules them all.

But what is certain is that there is a razor that no matter whether I shave or not, even when I am sitting in the study and using computer... I can't help picking it up to appreciate and play with it, that is PILS 101NE.

It is gentle indeed, but at the same time every design does not bend to convention.
View attachment 1639747

Beautiful razor, but I would expect nothing less from someone whose exploding razor knows secrets....;)

ERS4

My exploding razor knows secrets
Beautiful razor, but I would expect nothing less from someone whose exploding razor knows secrets....;)
I never figured out what I did to get this title added by B&B and what it meant.
Hopefully nothing really blows up, now I always rinse long after shaving just to be safe.

I have far too many razors - I blame you lot!

The three I rotate most are the Merkur Futur, Muhle R41 and Henson medium. Out of those it would be hard for me to choose between the Future and Henson. Smooth, efficient shaves with either. The R41 is for when I want some excitement...

Gareth

View attachment 1639747
Beautiful razor that I haven't used in quite some time.

I have tried quite a few razors with this particular style of design oder the years, including the Pils, the iKon H2O, the iKon modern, the iKon S3S, the original iKon SBS, the re-imagined iKon SBS in aluminum alloy, and rhe original Tradere. I enjoyed all of them.

Top Bottom