What's new

Fatip-Weber replates (pics)

I'm a big fan of the Fatip head paired with the Weber Bulldog stainless steel handle. Recently I had a couple of these Fatip-Weber combos refinished by Dave at West Coast Razors, and I thought I'd share some photos. The finishes are 24k gold and black (Ceracoat). The Ceracoat head also combines well with the 2011 Weber Classic handle -- reminiscent of the Weber Classic DLC but with the cutting power of the Fatip. The black Bulldog handle and the Mühle 2011 R41 head make for an unusual combination. Enjoy!

Both:
full

24k Gold:
full

Black (Ceracoat):
full

Black with 2011 Weber Classic handle:
full

Mühle 2011 R41 head with black Weber Bulldog handle:
full

Trio of Gold, black, and original Fatip heads and Weber Bulldog handles:
full

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you for posting these unique examples of FaTip - Weber! The gold one is very elegant. The black (ceracoat) version is somewhat evil in appearance!

i had a fatip and liked the shave head but didnt like the handle....so i sold it.
i guess i couldve put a new handle on it and it wouldve been similar to joris....kinda like what you did.

Thanks to all for the feedback. I am enjoying these puppies.

The black (ceracoat) version is somewhat evil in appearance!

I really like the black one.

It's my favorite -- I like the "evil" look. I call it Black Beauty. The coating gives it a somewhat unusual property. On the first pass, when cutting through growth, it is very loud, like an SE razor. On subsequent passes, when the beard has been reduced, the sound gets softer and softer. It's like a reverse alarm: when the razor goes silent, you're done!

I'm not sure how durable this coating will be. After only three weeks of use, I'm beginning to notice very slight wear on the corners of the base plate (visible in the photos if you look closely). I suspect it's not as durable as the Weber DLC coating (which seems invincible), but I imagine it will hold up well enough.

Last edited:
Top Bottom