What's new

*Fatip Slant*

Raven Koenes

My precious!
KAI blades are like that, just the plain metal blade, very chic, I guess. Mauro jokes about them, referring to katanas. (Auto generated translation is wacky at times: "Precarious cleavage like a katana").
Thanks for the heads up. I've never tried KAI. I've heard they are pretty sharp? He also has some heck of a lot of beard stubble. It makes me glad I don't have to shave all of that. It really did sound like dry shaving, and he seemed pretty hung over and uninspired. I couldn't tell what he thinks of the slant or the new Omega brush for that matter (not knowing Italian).

I have seen this dude drink 4711 and now another AS..... I guess part of the hungover treatment.....

Anyway, that was the 1st fatip slant vid I saw, hence posted the link.

I have seen this dude drink 4711 and now another AS..... I guess part of the hungover treatment.....

Anyway, that was the 1st fatip slant vid I saw, hence posted the link.
What in the world? That's denatured alcohol. It will literally cause you to go blind, if not outright kill you. Who is this idiot?

I can't understand italian as well. Out of curiosity I turned on subtitles and activated automatic translation. Amazingly these are not too bad. Technology has come a long way.

br
godek

What in the world? That's denatured alcohol. It will literally cause you to go blind, if not outright kill you. Who is this idiot?

Ive seen a few of his videos where he does that and found it so unbelievable that I would rewind and pause a few times to really see. I honestly don't think he 'drinks' it... He makes a pucker/kiss face and holds the bottle to what really appears to be his closed lips then tilts the bottle back in a drinking motion. When he sets the bottle back down, the level is the same as before he picked it up so if he actually is getting any inside his mouth it's only a drop or two. He also always immediately 'spurts' after then rubs it around with his hand.

Keep in mind, Listerine was originally marketed as an aftershave and Aqua Velva originally marketed as a mouth wash :)

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Thanks for the heads up. I've never tried KAI. I've heard they are pretty sharp? He also has some heck of a lot of beard stubble. It makes me glad I don't have to shave all of that. It really did sound like dry shaving, and he seemed pretty hung over and uninspired. I couldn't tell what he thinks of the slant or the new Omega brush for that matter (not knowing Italian).

Kai are wonderful blades in my Gillette Techs. Perfect match.

I prefer the Bolzano and Silver Star blades in my FaTips. Picked up some Timor to try in the FaTips based on your experiences.

Just my opinion. :)

Ive seen a few of his videos where he does that and found it so unbelievable that I would rewind and pause a few times to really see. I honestly don't think he 'drinks' it... He makes a pucker/kiss face and holds the bottle to what really appears to be his closed lips then tilts the bottle back in a drinking motion. When he sets the bottle back down, the level is the same as before he picked it up so if he actually is getting any inside his mouth it's only a drop or two. He also always immediately 'spurts' after then rubs it around with his hand.

Keep in mind, Listerine was originally marketed as an aftershave and Aqua Velva originally marketed as a mouth wash :)
Listerine is straight ethanol though, same as your bottle of beer. While still toxic, it's not denatured like in the RR splash. Denaturing alcohol adds poisons to make it unfit for consumption.

...I couldn't tell what he thinks of the slant or the new Omega brush for that matter (not knowing Italian).
Some of the comments are interesting, such as:
  • It seems the slant is not performing as well as my current Fatip Grande.
  • I've seen you do better shaves than this. On the first pass, there's lots of noise, but not much effect. It takes three full passes and touch-ups to get a close shave.
  • Can you compare this to the Merkur slant, IKON slant, etc. Are those better than this one?

Listerine is straight ethanol though, same as your bottle of beer. While still toxic, it's not denatured like in the RR splash. Denaturing alcohol adds poisons to make it unfit for consumption.

Totally understand, but I don't think he actually drinks it. I don't speak Italian but I've watched a ton of this guy's videos and his body language is constantly demonstrating he has a quirky sense of humor. If he is infact getting any in his mouth, I'm certain it's not being swallowed as he always 'spurts' after.

Last edited:

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
Doesn't look very efficient...... my current Fatip takes more in one pass.

Shaving growth as heavy as his?

His lather is quite a bit thicker than I like mine, but one thing that stood out to me was the amount of pressure he was using. Everyone that recommends using no pressure, should watch that video. He was using quite a bit and shaving quickly for that much growth.

To shave that quickly and with that amount of pressure, with growth that dense, with a questionable blade, while having no blood or irritation is a testament to how smooth and effective Fatips really are.

Shame he didnt do it directly ATG first pass. :tongue_sm

Thanks for the heads up. I've never tried KAI.
i think you probably have the most Fatips on B&B...so questions for you (or anyone else that might know) - I got a mk1 piccolo from ebay/germany about a year ago. There were 2 unmarked blades w/ blank unmarked wrappers in the box.....do you have any idea what they are? did fatip include those with Mk1's? my mk2 and special edition piccolos didn't come with any blades.

Raven Koenes

My precious!
i think you probably have the most Fatips on B&B...so questions for you (or anyone else that might know) - I got a mk1 piccolo from ebay/germany about a year ago. There were 2 unmarked blades w/ blank unmarked wrappers in the box.....do you have any idea what they are? did fatip include those with Mk1's? my mk2 and special edition piccolos didn't come with any blades.
Nope, no unmarked blades in any of my Mk1's. Not even from the German Vendor. He did send Lindor Truffles though.

According to DHL (received sms) they will deliver my slant on Tuesday 25th.

This (DHL) company informed me that I have to pay custom duties at delivery.

Between Italy and Greece (delivery) is Europe, Atlantic Ocean, Americas, Pacific, Asia and Aegean Sea.

DHL is the worst company EVER. Four times I received items with them and I sued them three times. They are going for the fourth! Unbelievable!

Top Bottom