What's new

*Fatip Slant*

To shave that quickly and with that amount of pressure, with growth that dense, with a questionable blade, while having no blood or irritation is a testament to how smooth and effective Fatips really are.
This!

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
i think you probably have the most Fatips on B&B...so questions for you (or anyone else that might know) - I got a mk1 piccolo from ebay/germany about a year ago. There were 2 unmarked blades w/ blank unmarked wrappers in the box.....do you have any idea what they are? did fatip include those with Mk1's? my mk2 and special edition piccolos didn't come with any blades.

I have two Mk1 Grandes. Neither came with any blades.

Happy shaves,

Jim

According to DHL (received sms) they will deliver my slant on Tuesday 25th.

This (DHL) company informed me that I have to pay custom duties at delivery.

Between Italy and Greece (delivery) is Europe, Atlantic Ocean, Americas, Pacific, Asia and Aegean Sea.

DHL is the worst company EVER. Four times I received items with them and I sued them three times. They are going for the fourth! Unbelievable!

I've worked with DHL an uncomfortable amount of times and can relay the same experience. I work in the brewing industry and far too many times have I had to take receipt of a large heavy piece of brewing equipment from the other side of the globe through them and every time it was a nightmare. R&L carrier is up there with them lol.

wow, total opposite for me....last summer, i ordered a Fatip brush from someone on ebay from Torino Italy, shipping price set by seller practically doubled the price of the brush,...but it was the fastest most surprisingly easy delivery by DHL. i placed the order around 1 a.m on a sunday night/monday morning...and the brush was in my hands on Thursday afternoon. i was expecting to be left waiting for like a month and it was here in 3 days, pretty nuts.

So I re watched some of "Mauro's" vids and he does not drink the AS, just puts it in his mouth. Apparently he is just a funny joker.... Yet he has the first vid I could find w the Fatip slant. Hope to read more once you guys get your paws on them and report back. I tried to get one....but did not get far......
DHL just gets the stuff to JFK and then USPS will bring it to your home....that is their arrangement (spoke w DHL 2 weeks ago)

Based on all of the talk here, I ended up ordering a Fatip Gentile in gold/Grande handle (non-slant) to see what it's like. I'm assuming that the slants will be similar in some ways (handle, overall quality, general balance)

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member

I'm assuming that the slants will be similar in some ways (handle, overall quality, general balance)

I have a gold Grande OC and I'll need to buy the gold slant, even if, only for that handle.

My Grande is, far and away, my most favorite DE.

IMG_2056.jpg

My Grande is, far and away, my most favorite DE.
Mk.1 or Mk.2? Also, have you ever tried the Schone?

I have a Mk.1 Piccolo and a first gen Schone (the one with the Grande handle, not the current one with the spiral knurl), which means I have a Mk.1 Grande as well. I find the Schone smoother and only slightly less efficient.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member

I have a Mk.1 Piccolo and a first gen Schone (the one with the Grande handle, not the current one with the spiral knurl), which means I have a Mk.1 Grande as well. I find the Schone smoother and only slightly less efficient.

I have Fatip MK1 and MK2 Grandes. The MK1 is more efficient, but I prefer shaving with the MK2.

I don't speak Italian but I took advantage of the live chat responses to ask about the fatip slant compared to the merkur 37c. The different responses I got stated that the fatip slant is "more effective" and "more aggressive" then the 37c.

Also, pretty sure I got poked fun at for being the only one speaking English lol.

He uses the closed comb version today. It still had a ridiculous amount of audible feedback but sounded much less offensive then the OC version.

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Love the review in Italian. Would be better if I understood the language.

My favorite Fatip is my Mk1 Grande, but I like 'em all except the Piccolo. Its handle is too skinny for me.

I have the Schöne, the Mk2 Grande, the Piccolo, the Plisson-Joris. Unlike Rave I'm not a collector of Fatips, but they are top notch DE safety razors.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member

Mines a Mk.2. I thought about a Mk.1 but I think the extra blade reveal would cause me problems with more of the blade flexing. I dont have a Schone, but I've always really liked the handles on them too.

My DE razor needs are covered with my Grande, but I'll buy a slant because I've never used one and want to understand how differently they cut compared to a regular DE. Outside of that one curiosity I'd much rather use my GEM's than any DE.

If ATT starts selling the SE1 with 24k gold plating, I may have to break down and buy one haha.

Top Bottom