What's new

*Fatip Slant*

Raven Koenes

My precious!
does anyone know the release date?
That would be anybody's guess. I think you would need a crystal ball. They've been working on it for almost two years. It was slated for release around this time last year for the Christmas season. Then in December of last year they said it wouldn't be ready until after the New Year. There has been complete silence up until now. I think they took the whole project back to the drawing board. That they released this teaser now hopefully they are getting close. An affordable all brass slant would be awesome. Rome wasn't built in a day lol. My "psychic" prediction is soon.

CzechCzar

Use the Fat, Luke!
That would be anybody's guess. I think you would need a crystal ball. They've been working on it for almost two years. It was slated for release around this time last year for the Christmas season. Then in December of last year they said it wouldn't be ready until after the New Year. There has been complete silence up until now. I think they took the whole project back to the drawing board. That they released this teaser now hopefully they are getting close. An affordable all brass slant would be awesome. Rome wasn't built in a day lol. My "psychic" prediction is it should have been yesterday.
ftfy

I'm getting that deja vu feel, not sure why.

proxy.php

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Glad to be of service. BTW, I just shaved with my Mk.1 Piccolo on two-day stubble. The trouble with having too many razors is you don't get to use each one often enough. My Piccolo dates back to 2014 and it's been delivering solid shaves ever since.

Hard to beat a Fatip Mk1 (Meme).jpg

8-4-18.Mk1.640..JPGMk1.MdC.TallBoar.8-27-18.640.JPG8-16-18.640.mk1.Uplift.Mondial.JPG

In my view the Mk1 is the best Fatip in my little collection, but there are others I like almost as much, including the Fatip Slant (admittedly it's in transit).

PlissonHandle.JPG

Let's not forget this one. The Plisson-Joris. Mine's some fancy metal plating, but it shaves like the other Fatips and like the Schöne. Wonder why?

It was a Christmas gift from my wife a couple of years ago.

Happy shaves and Merry Christmas,

Jim

In my view the Mk1 is the best Fatip in my little collection,
I call my Mk.1 Piccolo my little Ferrari razor. Nimble, handles like a dream, and with more than enough power to get the job done.

I don't even own a Mk.2 open comb. Every once in awhile, I put a Grande in my cart, but before confirming to buy, I ask myself why and then delete it from cart. It's hard to improve on the Mk.1

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
I call my Mk.1 Piccolo my little Ferrari razor. Nimble, handles like a dream, and with more than enough power to get the job done.

I don't even own a Mk.2 open comb. Every once in awhile, I put a Grande in my cart, but before confirming to buy, I ask myself why and then delete it from cart. It's hard to improve on the Mk.1

It would be worth buying a Grande so you could put its handle on the Mk1.

My Mk2 Piccolo is much better with a handle borrowed from a Grande. The Piccolo handle is too skinny.

Of course that's just how they feel and operate for me. Others may have the opposite experience, but, of course, my experience is the only one that matters (for me).

Jim

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
View attachment 1046386

View attachment 1046388View attachment 1046389View attachment 1046390

In my view the Mk1 is the best Fatip in my little collection, but there are others I like almost as much, including the Fatip Slant (admittedly it's in transit).

View attachment 1046384

Let's not forget this one. The Plisson-Joris. Mine's some fancy metal plating, but it shaves like the other Fatips and like the Schöne. Wonder why?

It was a Christmas gift from my wife a couple of years ago.

Jim

20191224_113956~2.jpg

Starting from the left with the razors outside the Timeless Blue:

Grande Mk1 "Defective" - Gunmetal color
Grande Mk1 - Gold
Piccolo SE Mk2 - Gunmetal and Gold
Grande Mk2 - Gold
Grande Mk2 - Nickel

In the Timeless Blue, starting from the left:

Plisson Joris Odyssey, Palladium and Yew Wood Handle (appears to be a Mk1)
Open Comb - Mk2 - Zembrano Wood Handle
Testina Gentile CC - Mk2 - Noce Wood Handle
Open Comb - Mk2 - Ulivo Wood Handle

Currently in route:

Plisson Joris Open Comb - Thujawood and Palladium
Schöne Nickel

As an Italian, it is my duty to help the Italian economy. :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom