What's new

*Fatip Slant*

Note that the Fatip Slant Piccolo is now also being offered by yourshaving.com in Spain! They also have several other Fatip slant models.

I haven’t even been around in awhile, (really busy with work) and I come back to this thread today and more have 2 gold piccolo slants on the way from G&C. One each of the CC and the OC. [emoji2357][emoji2369]

I guess I’ll have a Parker semi slant with 2 handles and a 39c to rehome soon. They are my 2 least favorites. I’ll keep the 37c as I love it and it was my first and my other 2 chrome Fatip slants are my favorites.

I can be enabled when I’m not even here. Lol.

BOSC;AoM; B.O.S.S.;Knight of the Veg Table;WISE;CoA;SASA;FOCS Fiend

Of the various Fatip handles, my favorite is one of the wooden handles. The Piccolo is just too short and narrow for me to handle securely. The Grande is a bit better, but it's still shorter than I prefer, and also lighter than I like. I added a steel rod to the hollow handle to provide added weight, but still it's the wooden handle that suits me best. I use it on a nickel Piccolo head, but I don't like the way it looks on my gold FOCS due to the chrome accents on the wooden handle. Now, if they would only make a wooden handle with gold accents, or if I could figure out how to gold plate the chrome/wood handle ...
I couldn't help myself, so I pulled out a can of metallic gold spray point that I had sitting in the garage, taped up the wooden portion of the handle and gave it a go. First I checked the color match, and surprisingly it was a near perfect match. Now I have a gold Zebrano wood handled FOCS!

Pics or it didn't happen, Steve. :wink2:
I can't claim to be much of a photographer, but this will give you a sense of what it looks like. As a matter of visual aesthetics, I still think it looks best with the hollow gold handle, but I find this look very attractive and much prefer the longer handle.

IMG_20210130_180805.jpg

anyone else notice that the FOCS performs MUCH BETTER with a fresh blade?

other razors I own I can push to 10+ shaves with the same blade without issue, but when I push the FOCS past about 5 shaves, i get frequent weepers.

Using Balzanos...

other razors I own I can push to 10+ shaves with the same blade without issue, but when I push the FOCS past about 5 shaves, i get frequent weepers.

Using Balzanos...
I'd agree with that but recently, I've taken my Personna LB to 4 shaves and it's been fine. I'll find out what the fifth shave will bring.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member

Using Balzanos...

I retire DE blades after 5 shaves except Feather which I retire after 3 shaves.

Top Bottom