What's new

(Fatip) Piccolo Lovers’ Club: PLC

Honestly, I don't know what to do next.

I really, really like the Fatip piccolo, the design, the maneuverability, the Italian roots, and how inexpensive it cost me.

But I just can't control this aggressive machine. You see, dear gentlemen, if I put a soft blade, I don't reach the bbs, and I have to slap the razor on the problem areas until I'm satisfied. As a result my problem areas (under my nose and jawline on the left) are red, tired, unattractive.

If I use sharp blades, however, I get a clean shave but traumatize my entire face.

Blades I found sharp: personna platinum, super iridium, wilkinson sword, feather, treet new steel, treet platinum, astra sp.

Blades that I found soft: dorco, voskhod, ladas, rapira (all of them), derby premium, tiger, shark, bic.

Yes, I have a couple other razors, but the Fatip is the only one that allows me to shave the area under my nose without mime school lessons and complicated nose manipulation. However, I haven't achieved the zen with any blade.

Please give me your tips for blades or maybe shaving techniques

Welcome to the madhouse (B&B), Artur. :thumbup:
Please give me your tips for blades
Use the one YOU like best. No one else has your skin, face shape, or whiskers. :wink2:
or maybe definitely shaving techniques
At a guess, you're shaving shallow (riding the cap). This pushes the skin up in front of the blade and is ideal for lopping off spots/moles/scars/etc not to mention just general irritation.

Shave steep (ride the guard). Start with ONLY the guard on your face and gently raise the handle till the blade makes contact; BINGO, shave. You can use as much (or little) pressure on the guard as you like... but aim to use virtually NO PRESSURE on the blade. (Pressing a DE blade onto your face is NEVER a good idea. :wink2:)

Here's a diagram from the B&B Wiki which should be helpful for the terminology:
1706473748382.png

As Cal stated, try riding the safety bar with something other than the Feather.
The bit I've emphasized (in bold) in your sentence above, Sid... I definitely DID NOT STATE.

(Barring the damned "wax puddles" they come soaked in) Feathers are fine blades. IMO, newbies should try ANY blade they fancy. Of course, they (and everyone else) should always "respect the blade" (whatever blade that may be) because ALL RAZOR BLADES ARE SHARP. :devil:

Top Bottom