What's new

Failing HHT, Awesome Shave

Well I got a check from my mailroom, so not overly hopeful that they think this is ever going to surface again. Onward and upward.

Thanks Doc for your willingness to do this, and sorry for the disappointment all.

This great shaving razor that fails the HHT is now sitting in some secret warehouse of razors, a-la the Ark in Indiana Jones. Maybe some day it will resurface...

I may have bought a new razor over the weekend, but until it arrives, I won't say anything, because I am afraid that if I post something about it on this forum, it will disappear into the black hole of postage doom. :bored:

Fair enough. ;)

$My custom Robert Williams.jpg

Did you recover the full value of the razor?

I got what I paid (plus what I put into it), so I called it a fair enough shake. Obviously it is hard to quantify the cost of the handiwork put into the custom horn scales, and the hard work honing it, but at the end of the day, it's gone. I do think this will SOMEDAY show up, as I did my duty and put my return info inside the box for Doc - unless of course someone out there just pockets the contents of boxes that sit unclaimed in the USPS warehouses of dead mail. Who knows for sure.

My appologies for any hijacking, I misread Pmaster's post where of course he directed his question at the OP.

Take heart Adam. I suspect it may someday arrive. I almost think they get stuck in the conveyors or something and only get found when they do maintenance or something like that. Who knows. I really hope someone didn't just pocket your razor though. That would be...not nice.

Sorry to hear Adam. At least you still have that nice Fili. That would've been an even bigger loss. Sucks nevertheless. I lost a beautiful coticule once. Sickening.

Thanks! But it was Adam (skiajl6297) that had the razor go missing. Luckily (knock on wood) I have yet to have anything never arrive.

The replacement has arrived! Makes a nice different counterpart to the Fili.

This wedgy little guy had no issues with the HHT. As my first shave with a non-full hollow blade, wow what a difference. A little disturbing how silent it was compared with the audible sound of my Fili cutting. Just a fantastic shave. No need to send this to Doc (yet) as even my inexperienced hand was able to consistently pass HHT.

Anyway, obviously this thread didn't become what it was heading towards. But I am made whole again with a new razor.

proxy.php

proxy.php

She is a beaut! (still oiled from transport before the first shave). 5/8 Heljestrand No 24 Half Hollow. Definitely an upgrade.

+1 on that. I get great shaves, but couldn't pass a HHT if someone put a gun to my noggin.
OK, want to try this again, please send it my way to try it out
The replacement has arrived! Makes a nice different counterpart to the Fili.

This wedgy little guy had no issues with the HHT. As my first shave with a non-full hollow blade, wow what a difference. A little disturbing how silent it was compared with the audible sound of my Fili cutting. Just a fantastic shave. No need to send this to Doc (yet) as even my inexperienced hand was able to consistently pass HHT.

Anyway, obviously this thread didn't become what it was heading towards. But I am made whole again with a new razor.

proxy.php

proxy.php

She is a beaut! (still oiled from transport before the first shave). 5/8 Heljestrand No 24 Half Hollow. Definitely an upgrade.

Very nice razor, not sure what you lost in the USPS limbo, but this one is very nice

Excellent replacement! I too have a CVH No 24, and it is one of my favorite shavers. Great blade, very efficient at whisker whacking!

Top Bottom