What's new

Face needs to be more moist

sorry for that title, couldn't help myself

anyway, I have been using L'Occitane Cade SS for years, but since switching to a DE (2 months ago) I have begun to notice that my face is getting dry. Even going to a 3X per week routine, my face is a little dry around the mouth.

I have tried Speick and Proraso shaving creams and those will certainly stay in my rotation (I love them both for different reasons).

But I have been toying with buying something like Institut Karite or Tabac to get a more moisturizing shave.

I realize that this (like nearly everything in here) is a YMMV kind of thing, but I would like some votes for the MOST MOISTURE PACKING SHAVE SOAP ON THE PLANET, PERIOD, FULL STOP.

(points will also be awarded for Shaving creams that are also more moisturizing than the two I mentioned above).

Tabac is the most moisturizing soap I've used bar none. As for creams The Body Shop cream does very well as does KMF believe it or not.

It's in my sig. Kiehls AS Balm.

Well, missed that one. I haven't tried Kiehls, so not sure of it's consistency. Maybe try something that moisturizes a bit more if your skin is that dry. Since you obviously like the Cade scent, you can try the Cade ASB or even look into a moisturizer. Just trying to point out that there are other ways to solve your issues.

While I love my Cade SS it is the least moisturizing soap I have. For me, of the soaps I own and use, from most to least moisturizing it goes:

Provence Sante
Institut Karite
D.R. Harris Arlington
L'Occitane Cade

not in the soap category, but the most moisturing shave goes to frasers... just thought you should know. :biggrin:

sorry for that title, couldn't help myself

anyway, I have been using L'Occitane Cade SS for years, but since switching to a DE (2 months ago) I have begun to notice that my face is getting dry. Even going to a 3X per week routine, my face is a little dry around the mouth.

I have tried Speick and Proraso shaving creams and those will certainly stay in my rotation (I love them both for different reasons).

But I have been toying with buying something like Institut Karite or Tabac to get a more moisturizing shave.

I realize that this (like nearly everything in here) is a YMMV kind of thing, but I would like some votes for the MOST MOISTURE PACKING SHAVE SOAP ON THE PLANET, PERIOD, FULL STOP.

(points will also be awarded for Shaving creams that are also more moisturizing than the two I mentioned above).

:rolleyes1 I will only use a shave soap that has lots of shea butter in it. The IK shaving soap is a shea butter soap. The shea butter soap that I use is about 2/3 less the cost of the IK soap and is all natural. You can read my comments about this soap at http://www.theshaveden.com/forum/showthread.php?p=119547#post119547. There is a listing of ingredients for the Institut Karite soap on the page as well. Since you made comment about using Tabac, I also listed its ingredients below so that you can compare the three soaps. I do not see that shea butter is an ingredient of Tabac soap.

Tabac Shaving Soap ingredients: Potassium Stearate, Sodium Stearate, Potassium Tallowate, Potassium Cocoate, Aqua, Sodium Tallowate, Parfum, Sodium Cocoate, Glycerin, Potassium Hydroxide, Tetrasodium EDTA, Tetrasodium Etidronate, Sodium Hydroxide, CI 77891, Limonene, Hydroxycitronellal, Linalool, Citronellol, Courmarin, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Geraniol, Evernia Prunastri (Oakmoss) Extract, Cinnamyl Alcohol, Isoeugenol, Benzyl Salicylate, Benzyl Alcohol, Eugenol, Citral, Evernia Furfuracea (Treemoss) Extract.

Top Bottom