What's new

Extremely rare Schick injector slant razor!!

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
So I decided to give this razor a new lease on life. To start I completely disassembled it.

View attachment 969476 View attachment 969477 View attachment 969478 View attachment 969479

Then straightened it out. Polished it up and reasonabled it. Then discovered it was more complicated than I thought. And I didn't think it would be simple. There was play in the guard bar and the blade blank could side around a bit when pressure was applied. So I redisassembled it tweaked it a bit reassembled found another issue redisassembled etc. Etc. ECT. There are a lot of angles that have to line up properly for everything to work properly. I lost track of how many times I had to disassemble and tweak things. I'm pretty persistent.

View attachment 969480 View attachment 969482 View attachment 969483

And I believe it paid off. There is no play in the guard bar or blade and everything looks very straight. I will test the shave very carefully when I get a chance.
That is a nice repair and now you have a new Schick ready to give years of shaving pleasure.

Third shave with this razor today. As stated is much milder than my typeG. With a bit of extra buffing I achieved a very close comfortable shave, with nearly zero irritation.

20190410_134517.jpg

that was some good work. sometimes the journey can be as much fun as arriving at the destination.

regardless of $$$ time well spent in the end result.

camo

that was some good work. sometimes the journey can be as much fun as arriving at the destination.

regardless of $$$ time well spent in the end result.

camo

Yeah it's not a High dollar razor. I could have just bought one but where's the fun in that. I got this one free and didn't spend anything on the fix. Well other than some time.

Congrats on a well-done razor rehab!!
I don't know how "common" the Hydromagics are anymore - it took me several years to find a nice one that someone hadn't jacked up to a stupidly high price.

:a14:
Reminds me that I have to get after the broken handle on my Type G.
That should not be too hard, since you don't even have to tap the hole.
Ooh - I bet a piece of rosewood would look nice, next to the brass.
Or take a bone or ivory-like handle from a piece of written-off vintage cutlery.

Did you ever fix your Type G. I found one to make a handle for. I just need to get motivated.

So I decided to give this razor a new lease on life. To start I completely disassembled it.

View attachment 969476 View attachment 969477 View attachment 969478 View attachment 969479

Then straightened it out. Polished it up and reasonabled it. Then discovered it was more complicated than I thought. And I didn't think it would be simple. There was play in the guard bar and the blade blank could side around a bit when pressure was applied. So I redisassembled it tweaked it a bit reassembled found another issue redisassembled etc. Etc. ECT. There are a lot of angles that have to line up properly for everything to work properly. I lost track of how many times I had to disassemble and tweak things. I'm pretty persistent.

View attachment 969480 View attachment 969482 View attachment 969483

And I believe it paid off. There is no play in the guard bar or blade and everything looks very straight. I will test the shave very carefully when I get a chance.
You can disassemble Schick injectors anytime for me! The finished razor looks great. I was surprised by the number of individual parts. Good luck when you shave with it.

You can disassemble Schick injectors anytime for me! The finished razor looks great. I was surprised by the number of individual parts. Good luck when you shave with it.

Thank you.
This is actually an older thread I was re reading. It shaves very well.

Top Bottom