What's new

Experienced recommendations

The are soooooo many truly great soaps and just as many that are merely good. This is a very deep rabbit hole. You just have to jump in somewhere, but remember, there is only one MWF !!!

Hello all,
I have been shaving with a double edge safety razor for a little over a year now. I am finally running out of my two initial soaps, Taylor of Old Bond Street (the sandalwood cream type, not a puck but it cam in a little tub) and Proraso red tub. I liked both for different reasons. The Taylor of Old Bond Street felt and smelled great. The Proraso lasted a long time with decent results ( I believe my hard water made things a little difficult). My question for the collective is based on this what would be a good soap to expand my horizons a little. Thank you for reading this somewhat wordy post. I look forward to hearing from everybody. Thank you.

Since you mentioned you have hard water I would disregard the MWF recommendations. Easy to lather soaps and creams with hard water are any Haslinger, Stirling, Stone Cottage is a superb cream as is WM Neumann. Neumann's price may look a touch high but you are getting 8 oz vs the 4 ish of most creams. No need to break the bank since you are getting started branching out. The ones I listed are proven performers in any type of water and reasonable cost wise.

Tabac, everyone should try this great soap at least once (or twice).

Some may not like the scent, but it is a great performing soap.

Fine Accoutrements
Cold River Soapworks
Mike's Natural Soaps

Choose any flavor from these vendors and I think you'll be pleased.

Tabac, Arko, Fine brand soaps, Haslinger, so many great soaps, get you a couple and come join us in the rabbit hole!

Top Bottom