What's new

Found my old electric razor while cleaning the bathroom

Good morning all.

While tidying the bathroom I found my old Braun Series 9 electric razor. Thought I'd give it a clean, charge it up and lube the blades and see how well it performs against my safety razors. I'm only doing this purely for variety in my reviews as I felt they were becoming a little bit too predictable.

My electric razor is also wet-dry so it will be interesting to see how it performs with GFT or Taylor Of Old Bond Street creams!

You may have noticed my reviews are shorter and 'more to the point'. This is because I feel my previous reviews were becoming too detailed (they were reading more like Wikipedia articles than reviews).

All the best everyone as always!

Jason

Will be interesting to see how you like it now that you are a ‘traditional’ wet shaver. :popc::popc:

For me, the old electric lost any charm it may have had.

Will be interesting to see how you like it now that you are a ‘traditional’ wet shaver. :popc::popc:

For me, the old electric lost any charm it may have had.
What charm? Shaving is a modern convention. Otherwise, if I didn’t have to work I could grow a full beard. My electric shaver, a Braun Series 7, is a tool. It does the job quickly every morning. I use it dry, before showering. I don’t have a cleaning station nor do I use any shaving products. I clean out the cuttings after each shave using the enclosed brush and tapping out the head cassette as per the Braun instruction manual. There’s nothing charming about shaving using a blade, cream, or anything else. I just find electric shavers fast, convenient, and less lethal. Any time I’m forced to shave with a blade of any type, I nick myself. Then I have to stop the bleeding with either a septic pencil or toilet paper. Yuck.👎

Top Bottom