What's new

Entering the World of Essential Oils

Tim,

Citrus doesn't go "bad", it just doesn't have much staying power, it fades quickly. It will also cause thinning of some products, not a problem with EDT or Body Spray excepting the fragrance dissapates much faster than others.

I'm not quite sure I am understanding your post above. Corn Huskers is not clear so if you mixed your fragrance in it, it should still 'look' the same. If you mixed your EO with vodka only it will clear. If you added Distilled Water it will turn a whitish color that will slowly dissipate unless you added too much. Did you use any emulsifier prior to dilution?

Regarding contamination: always sterilize/sanitize your bottles and any utensils you will be using like measuring spoons, cups, funnels, etc., with Isopropyl Alcohol; oh, your hands and work area too.

Hope this helps.
Sue

I'm not quite sure I am understanding your post above. Corn Huskers is not clear so if you mixed your fragrance in it, it should still 'look' the same. If you mixed your EO with vodka only it will clear. If you added Distilled Water it will turn a whitish color that will slowly dissipate unless you added too much. Did you use any emulsifier prior to dilution?

Yeah, Corn Huskers isn't clear, and I expected the balm to turn out kind of like it, but it turned out as white as Nivea aftershave balm, or any other balm. It's white! And that's weird! So adding too much distilled water can turn a toilet water white? I didn't add any to the AS, though.

Another thing I can think of is I reused the same disposable dropper that I used for the orange EO before, and I think after using it once, I rinsed it out... with tap water! :scared: I might have to place an order for a bunch of these. I have a few more unused that I can use in the meantime.

Thanks for the input, Sue, as always. :smile:

So adding too much distilled water can turn a toilet water white? I didn't add any to the AS, though.

Just realized that I didn't add any distilled water to any of the toilet waters, either.

It seems that one of the EOs is just floating on top of this toilet water (I suspect orange.... it might even sniff a little oranger before I shake it up and sniff again. I don't know if you're supposed to use an emulsifier for toilet waters, but I know I didn't in my first batch and I didn't have any separation. I also don't know what one would use as an emulsifier. Sounds like a certain TENroaches should do a little research.

I can't believe I started this thread over 2 years ago. I got my permit for purchasing grain alcohol in Pennsylvania, and my first bottle comes in tomorrow. We'll see how that changes things.

Off Topic:
I've been away from B&B for some months and just read today about Sue's condition. Then I checked out her site and saw the Bulgarian Rose toilet water, and I think I'm going to have to buy that. I have 18 of St. Charles Shave toilet waters, but I've been just putting on my homemade bay rum when I put on a scent. I just went up to put on Very V and I love it. Pretty sure I'll be wearing more SCS again. :thumbup:

Sue, you're wonderful. You've helped me so much with every question I've had. Half of my full inbox are PMs from you! I wish you the best. :001_wub::badger:

Top Bottom