What's new

End of production for Polsilver Super Iridium DE blades

Agree. And maybe it is true, but I believe it first when the company tell the news and not a eBay seller.
Hard to believe that a producer of very popular blades decide to discontinue one of the more popular blade. Just why?
Why shoot your own foot...
Who knows, maybe they runout of iridium.lol

Raven Koenes

My precious!
Agree. And maybe it is true, but I believe it first when the company tell the news and not a eBay seller.
Hard to believe that a producer of very popular blades decide to discontinue one of the more popular blade. Just why?
Why shoot your own foot...
The rumor has already been debunked so many times here on B&B by e-mails to the company. Why give that much weight to what the Bulgarian/Ebay vendor says, and then everyone gets there knickers in a knot? Starting a rumor or panic is easy. It is just as easy to perpetuate as well no matter how many times it is disproven. It is like slinging mud at the side of a barn some of the mud will always stick. This rumor has been going on for years and years and years and years. I'll believe it only when there are no more Polsilvers left on the planet before giving credence to someone who stands to profit off of it. Some of the mud will always stick though (sigh). Mischka works or has worked there.

Raven Koenes

My precious!
Ahhh!!! Here it is from this thread Att: @Esox post #15 Polsilver Super Iridium Discontinued?

sky pilot 83 said:
Just checked my email again. Got a reply from Gillette, finally. This is a reply from a customer service Rep who didn't know and said he'd check with management and get back to me.

"Hi Chad,

Thanks for being patient as my managers looked into this inquiry. We still manufacture Polsilver blades, but since they're intended for sale in Central Europe we don't have information here as to where to find them.

I did do a quick search and saw Amazon is currently stocking them. We rely heavily on consumer comments when it comes to things we may change/improve in the future. I can assure you that I will be passing this information along to the rest of my team! I can't make any promises that we will never discontinue these.

Thanks again for reaching out. If you have any other questions or concerns please feel free to get back in touch!

I hope you have a wonderful day, Chad.

Taylor
Gillette Team"

So yes. According to Gillette who manufactures the blades, they ARE still in production. It was just a rumor started by a vendor to make money.

That original message is dated January 30 2017
In two years lots have changed.
I have emailed Gillette rep, if rumours will be debunked I will contact eBay, and complain on seller spreading false information.

Raven Koenes

My precious!
That original message is dated January 30 2017
In two years lots have changed.
I have emailed Gillette rep, if rumours will be debunked I will contact eBay, and complain on seller spreading false information.
So the lies the Bulgarian vendor has told for years and years and years and years might now suddenly true? Bullcrap, I'll stick with Mischka who just came out of hibernation to put this to rest over someone who has been proven over and over and over to be a liar. I'm not that stupid

Last edited:
So the lies the Bulgarian vendor has told for years and years and years and years are now suddenly true? Bullcrap, I'll stick with Mischka who just came out of hibernation to put this to rest over someone who has been proven over and over and over to be a bloody liar. I'm not that stupid
I believe it. But he is not an official company rep here on forum, thus I cannot use his information as a leverage in conversation with eBay.

I personally think that if this was true the vendors would post proof the blades aren’t being manufactured anymore. Then, they would be charging a hell of a lot more than a $10-12 premium predicated on the irrational following of these (I’m kind of one of them).

I’m still buying vintage brown carton Wizamet Polsilver blades for around $30 per 100 from a vendor in Europe. Amazing that they still have them. I personally find them better and am happy to pay the premium. Others don’t notice a difference, and that’s okay too.

I believe it. But he is not an official company rep here on forum, thus I cannot use his information as a leverage in conversation with eBay.

He's not going to admit to being a "company man" as that entails too much liability on his part as well as it would greatly limit his ability to drop the "kernels" of truth he seems to have "seeded" on the forum for those smart enough to interpret what he writes. Finally, even if they do drop that particular blade who cares? It's not like they don't make a host of other top tier blades. It won't be the end of the World. :rolleyes:

Raven Koenes

My precious!
Finally, even if they do drop that particular blade who cares? It's not like they don't make a host of other top tier blades. It won't be the end of the World. :rolleyes:
Polsilvers are not even my favorite blade. I prefer Timor, Silverstar, Gillette Platinum, Bolzano, Satinex 2000, and a horde of other blades etc, etc,. I just really hate that this has been proven to be a lie time after time yet people continue to entertain it ad infinitum just like politics. I really dislike redundancies.

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
Hey, Mike @Esox do you remember the thread when this came up last year where it was proved Polsilvers were still in production?

Which one? LOL

This one?

Just checked my email again. Got a reply from Gillette, finally. This is a reply from a customer service Rep who didn't know and said he'd check with management and get back to me.

"Hi Chad,

Thanks for being patient as my managers looked into this inquiry. We still manufacture Polsilver blades, but since they're intended for sale in Central Europe we don't have information here as to where to find them.

I did do a quick search and saw Amazon is currently stocking them. We rely heavily on consumer comments when it comes to things we may change/improve in the future. I can assure you that I will be passing this information along to the rest of my team! I can't make any promises that we will never discontinue these.

Thanks again for reaching out. If you have any other questions or concerns please feel free to get back in touch!

I hope you have a wonderful day, Chad.

Taylor
Gillette Team"

So yes. According to Gillette who manufactures the blades, they ARE still in production. It was just a rumor started by a vendor to make money.

Or this one?

Some sites have them at higher prices because of the rumors of the end of production. I personally see that as a despicable business practice.

This is a big lie.

Bulgaria is a long way from here, so how does he know such a thing?

I know he doesn't (cannot) purchase directly from factory, so maybe he is looking at obsolete (Google) map that shows old PPI factory building as closed and making up this lie. Please don't be like sheep or lemmings and follow the lie off a cliff.

Thank you, thank you, thank you, Mischka for stepping in.

If the Russian PPI plant was suddenly closed, not only would the price of Polsilver blades increase a great deal, so would many others.

Gillette Super Stainless.

Gillette Platinum.

Permasharp.

Iridium Super.

Astra. Superior Platinum, Super Stainless and Keramik.

Sputnik.

Polsilver.

Gillette 7 O’Clock Super Stainless in the green packaging.

Gillette 7 O’Clock SharpEdge in the yellow packaging.

Rotbart.

Nacet.

All of those blades, as I understand it, are made in the PPI plant.

...If the Russian PPI plant was suddenly closed, not only would the price of Polsilver blades increase a great deal, so would many others...

And P&G/Gillette would in all likelihood just transfer production to their Shanghai & Vietnam plants. I have used some bonafide blades made in their Shanghai plant and believe you me they are just as sweet. Same tech, just a different locale. Last, but not least, I could then auction off my remaining Polsilver tuck at Sotheby's and finally get a Ferrari!! :a17: :wink:

And P&G/Gillette would in all likelihood just transfer production to their Shanghai & Vietnam plants. I have used some bonafide blades made in their Shanghai plant and believe you me they are just as sweet. Same tech, just a different locale. Last, but not least, I could then auction off my remaining Polsilver tuck at Sotheby's and finally get a Ferrari!! :a17: :wink:
Could you please name Gillette blades produced at Shanghai and Vietnam factories? Thanks

Could you please name Gillette blades produced at Shanghai and Vietnam factories? Thanks

Super Gillette Blue Blade, Super Thin, Goal Super Platinum and a version of the Gillette Wilkinson Sword are all made in Shanghai and are superb blades. I do not know which DE blades are being made now in the new Vietnam plant. Blades made in Asia are only marketed there and difficult to obtain in the West and know that Ebay is rife with counterfeits. Caveat emptor.

This is a big lie.

Bulgaria is a long way from here, so how does he know such a thing?

I know he doesn't (cannot) purchase directly from factory, so maybe he is looking at obsolete (Google) map that shows old PPI factory building as closed and making up this lie. Please don't be like sheep or lemmings and follow the lie off a cliff.

Thanks Mischka for once again confirming that these rumors are totally unfounded. When i end up ordering a bulk purchase of Polsilvers, i won’t be using any of the vendors that perpetuate these lies. And good on those who are going after them on ebay. Also i was going to email/call Gillette to get an an answer in writing, but it looks like others already have. That in conjunction with Mischka’s response should be enough to convince anyone who had doubts.

Thanks Mischka for once again confirming that these rumors are totally unfounded. When i end up ordering a bulk purchase of Polsilvers, i won’t be using any of the vendors that perpetuate these lies. And good on those who are going after them on ebay. Also i was going to email/call Gillette to get an an answer in writing, but it looks like others already have. That in conjunction with Mischka’s response should be enough to convince anyone who had doubts.
The issue isn't whether or not people believe them or not. The issue is that there's enough demand in the market to support the increased price. For better or worse, the Polsilvers are my favorite brand so when I need to buy them, I have to pay what the market asks even if I know that they haven't been discontinued. There are few enough sellers that are available to me (and others in the U.S. etc.) to be able to hold to the inflated price even though there's not another rational market reason for them (other than collusion to maintain a higher price) to be able to get what they're asking for.

Top Bottom