What's new

End of production for Polsilver Super Iridium DE blades

Something is definitely off with these blades. I've checked the site of the guy from which I bought 1000 blades around 6 months ago for around 80$ (minus a few $) + shipping and now I see that the price there is more than double of what I paid. Not sure if all Polsilver sellers are trying to maintain the rumor that the blades are out of production or that they indeed are, but i'm glad that i've got them that cheap.

I have emailed of the seller from eBay (The fellow from Bulgaria not a price pumper he has and explanation that Polsilver now being produced by PPI) asking about the reason for recent price hikes in Polsilver from $16-17 to $25 . I did sent him another message asking to clearly which factory is closed, waiting for the response.
His answer
New message from: markmihaylo_0 (1,152 )
Because they are out of stock. The factory is closed
If this is true and the PPI factory has closed, then there are several blades that aren't being mfg'd then!! They produce more than just PolSilvers...

There’s a member here (mischka i think?) who works or worked at the st petersburg factory. Maybe could ask him? Not sure if he’s still around on the forum though. Personally i think the rumors are just that.

He is still around at read only mode. I have asked him to comment on recent price hike with no luck.
There’s a member here (mischka i think?) who works or worked at the st petersburg factory. Maybe could ask him? Not sure if he’s still around on the forum though. Personally i think the rumors are just that.

I would think if the factory discontinued an item as popular as PolSilvers are, the factory would release that information... To take the word of a guy on ebay thats trying to make some money is the last place I would look for that kind of information!! Has anyone thought to send a message to the factory direct? That would be the most trusted source, right?

I have asked the same question on Gillette Russian website. We will see what they have to say.
PS. But honestly I would wish that American companies got forbidden from doing any business and investment in enemy state like Russia.

Raven Koenes

My precious!
I have emailed of the seller from eBay (The fellow from Bulgaria not a price pumper he has and explanation that Polsilver now being produced by PPI) asking about the reason for recent price hikes in Polsilver from $16-17 to $25 . I did sent him another message asking to clearly which factory is closed, waiting for the response.
His answer
He is the one perpetuating the rumor who is also the vendor that @ackvil mentions. He has had this notice on his site of ceased production as of September on for many years now? Which September did they cease production? September 2016, 17, 18? Some one else wrote Proctor and Gamble about it since they lease the rights. There was no indication from P&G that production has stopped in Russia, but that thread is buried deep here in B&B archives from last year and was part of this discussion every time this nonsense comes up. Every year said vendor raises his price and panic ensues. As far as the price of Razor Blade Club going up? Why not? It is just under the going rate set by the Bulgarian Vendor.

Raven Koenes

My precious!
If this is true and the PPI factory has closed, then there are several blades that aren't being mfg'd then!! They produce more than just PolSilvers...
He's the one who is perpetuating the rumor that was debunked last year. Of course he is raising his prices.

This is a big lie.

Bulgaria is a long way from here, so how does he know such a thing?

I know he doesn't (cannot) purchase directly from factory, so maybe he is looking at obsolete (Google) map that shows old PPI factory building as closed and making up this lie. Please don't be like sheep or lemmings and follow the lie off a cliff.

Raven Koenes

My precious!
This is a big lie.

I know he doesn't (cannot) purchase directly from factory, so maybe he is looking at obsolete (Google) map that shows old PPI factory building as closed and making up this lie. Please don't be like sheep or lemmings and follow the lie off a cliff.
:thumbsup: ^^^^^This^^^^^ Thank you! :ouch1:

In my opinion it all sounds like fake news and FUD. I will trust the news once the company itself release the news.
I wouldn't trust any news from an eBay seller that makes revenue of the news.

This is a big lie.

Mischka, do you live in Russia? Do you have any connections to the PPI factory?

Raven Koenes

My precious!
Mischka, do you live in Russia? Do you have any connections to the PPI factory?
Refer to post #163 in this thread by Madcuff: There’s a member here (mischka i think?) who works or worked at the st petersburg factory. Maybe could ask him? Not sure if he’s still around on the forum though. Personally i think the rumors are just that.

It is so silly to have to squash this rumor year after year.

Refer to post #163 in this thread by Madcuff: There’s a member here (mischka i think?) who works or worked at the st petersburg factory. Maybe could ask him? Not sure if he’s still around on the forum though. Personally i think the rumors are just that.

It is so silly to have to squash this rumor year after year.

Agree. And maybe it is true, but I believe it first when the company tell the news and not a eBay seller.
Hard to believe that a producer of very popular blades decide to discontinue one of the more popular blade. Just why?
Why shoot your own foot...

Top Bottom