What's new

End of production for Polsilver Super Iridium DE blades

G'day :bored:

Could someone please confirmed the Polsilver Super Iridium DE blades is at the end of the production will not longer shall be made any more.

Web link:- http://gemstonetrading.co.uk/offer-800-double-edge-de-razor-blades-polsilver-super-iridium-uk-stock-xl-pack/

We have been informed that production of the Polsilver Super Iridium DE blades ceased at the Saint Petersburg factory on 1st August 2016. The blades will gradually be phased out in the areas of Eastern Europe where they are currently distributed. We have taken steps to garner reasonable stocks and expect to be able to maintain supplies and prices on our website, at least in the short to medium term. In the long term, it is inevitable that stocks will eventually start to run out.

We do not deal directly with Procter and Gamble in Russia, only their official Eastern European distributors, so we can only guess as to the motives behind the decision. It is likely to be some sort of Corporate 'streamlining', in line with their general policy of gradually phasing out DE blades in lieu of more modern (read more profitable) alternatives.

We do also know that the Polsilvers will eventually be replaced by Gillette Platinum blades in these particular areas, so P and G obviously have no immediate plans to completely abandon distribution of DE blades in East Europe. The Gillette Platinums are very fine blades too, though somewhat more expensive, another possible reason for the change??

While I can't find an actual news release on the matter (didn't look to hard though) you can see people talking about it all over the Internet. The thing is, I can find discussions going back to 2008. So if they have been discontinued, then there was an incredible stock of them.

Sent from the Danger Phone

My ability to look into the future is at best 50/50. This rumor has been around for some time now, maybe it's true, maybe not. (Betamax,
Dukakis Presidency, 75 Red Sox etc.)

It reminds me of a few years ago when there was a similar rumor about Gillette Silver Blues, causing me to stock up. Or it reminds me off Gillette 7 o'clock Super Platinum Blues (where I didn't stock up).

They will make same blade and just a different brand stamp.

Which will give birth to numerous threads about which PPI blade has replaced Polsilver SI's just as there were numerous threads about whether the polsilver SI was the same bladd, renamed as the original Super Irridium.

My ability to look into the future is at best 50/50.

It reminds me of a few years ago when there was a similar rumor about Gillette Silver Blues, causing me to stock up. Or it reminds me off Gillette 7 o'clock Super Platinum Blues (where I didn't stock up).

They will make same blade and just a different brand stamp.
[MENTION=79907]BSAGuy[/MENTION] if that the case than how do we all know which brand stamp has been change, because I've been searching all over the world wide web and got nothing so far.

Perhaps [MENTION=55817]dcc[/MENTION] knows if this rumor is true or not. I think he would be in a position to know.

I hope this rumor is false. There have been a couple of times when I've bought products I didn't need because I heard they were going out of production - and they didn't go out of production - and I still didn't need them.

But Polsilvers are mighty fine blades, and if they are going away, I sure would like to get a couple hundred of them.

This could be like the Williams is going away rumors...

I know we have some members in Belarus and Russia and a few others.

Has anyone heard anything from TVB, perhaps, or another East European vendor?

Top Bottom