What's new

Eclipse Cologne by Geo F Trumper

This is a new fragrance. Just got an email notification for this new fragrance in my email a few minutes ago. Hoping Trumper stayed with the barbershop theme with this fragrance.

Last edited:

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
What is Paisley like?
He was a hardline Ulster Scots' Presbyterian Unionist whose opinions softened somewhat in the last years of his life.

Oh, you mean the cologne? Never mind. Sorry. But seriously, looking forward to hearing about Mayfair and Eclipse. I enjoy Trumper's colognes. Lately I've been working through a jug of Wellington. An old school citrus pine cologne that predates Penhaligon's Blenheim Bouquet, with which it shares some similarities.

Last edited:
Paisley is an offshoot of green fougère type scents, and maybe also blue aquatic ones. This one is particularly dry and astringent. Mint and sweet spicy anise are dominant. After a while it settles down. There is what I describe as a choking synthetic lavender-like note that often dominates cheap “blue” aftershaves and perfumes. Overall Paisley is nice in small amounts, it is strong and long-lasting.

He was a hardline Ulster Scots' Presbyterian Unionist whose opinions softened somewhat in the last years of his life.

Oh, you mean the cologne? Never mind. Sorry. But seriously, looking forward to hearing about Mayfair and Eclipse. I enjoy Trumper's colognes. Lately I've been working through a jug of Wellington. An old school citrus pine cologne that predates Penhaligon's Blenheim Bouquet, with which it shares some similarities.
Paisley cologne is loosely based on an original proprietary formula from 1988, which had been designed exclusively by Scotland BackYard, LLC for Mr. Paisley's use as a noxious gas to aim at pope-saints whose innocent speeches to European Parliaments he wished to rudely interrupt ... it has notes of musty sixteenth-century Calvinist tracts, anti-papist venom, and a touch of Scotch heather...

Got quite excited when I read it was a chypre, but after sampling it a couple of times, I'm really disappointed. Not the sort of chypre I'm into, this feels later in terms of its style, more like a 60s/70s chypre. Aramis Aramis, Givenchy Gentleman, that sort of thing but inferior.

Still think their best modern composition is Havana, or Sandalwood if we're going further back. And the EDP of Eucris is fantastic, tho I slightly prefer the EDT.

Still think their best modern composition is Havana, or Sandalwood if we're going further back. And the EDP of Eucris is fantastic, tho I slightly prefer the EDT.
I agree here, except that I prefer the Eucris EDP. I almost finished these three and will order new ones. The others colognes I did not like that much, although I could totally understand if they will fit other people.

It's certainly lovely stuff and I love how dominant the treemoss is in it! Have nearly finished my 50ml bottle and am wondering whether to get another or not. I think they are different enough for me to justify having both in my collection. 🙂
In my case, I cannot justify keeping both, so I chose the EDP, although I must say it was a bit difficult to find them. I think it took about two months to find all 3 (Havana, Sandalwood, Eucris). Sandalwood was difficult to obtain because I wanted the 100ml spray bottle, which was nowhere to be found. Eucris is out of stock for a long time, so when I run out I might not have a replacement yet.

GFT colognes are very hit or miss for me. Havana is a legitimately great fragrance which would hold its own against any high end niche perfumer, Eucris is good (but I thought the EDP was too heavy on moss and tobacco for my taste) and Paisley is the only fragrance I've used that I can describe as a 'cool, lush, oriental' scent. Really liked it. Definitely didn't smell like a typical fougere to me. Sandalwood is horrible though. I still have the decant that I use begrugingly. It doesn't really come together as a sandalwood scent and is very floral and earthy even getting vanilla notes for me. Eclipse seems interesting at least!

Top Bottom