What's new

eBay lot with over 170 razors--congrats to whomever won

Very nice. Most of the paint is intact, nothing bent, everything working. The dial doesn't click quite as distinctly as it should (I think, just judging by other adjustables). Very few signs of use. Some soap scum around the dial, but the thing gleams and I couldn't be happier with it.

Congrats Amish.

Just don't be posting any pretty pictures of that Toggle and causing me to loose sleep.......:biggrin:

When do we get pics?!? ;)

Here's the toggle.
full

Here, from left to right...

A Fox, it has some sort of set screw inside the handle.
A Stoll Chrome Steel.
An Ever Ready
A Gem
full

a Probak, a Good Humor, a Speedway, a Wade & Butcher, a Grand Shave King

full

Last edited by a moderator:
a Velvet, a Clix (didn't know they made all metal heads), Wilkinson sticky, Merkur Progress, Schick w/ that scissor action to allow proper cleaning.

full

Fasan, Krect, and Merkur slants. Fasan has a red dot for some reason.

full

a Segal, a King, and two as yet unknowns. I'm not sure if the first one is complete, and the second is similar to a Peroni but cheaply made and with a nail clipper inside (brush would have been a better idea I think - and the nail clipper is not made to come all the way out either, so you have to flop the whole razor around while you trim nails.) EDIT: This is a Pacific, which I would have seen had I removed the vendors ID sticker on the bottom. Wait's Compendium says the following about it: Pacific Safety Razor Co., Los Angeles California. C.1943. Leaflet also marked Carter & Galantin, Inc. Los Angeles. Double edge, cylindrical plastic bar guard, one side of guard is clear (mine has one side bluish purple and the other somewhere between peach and pink depending on lighting), the other is colored for two different edge exposures, adjustable angle. Hollow handle holds nail clipper or styptic pencil. Patent pending.

full

a scroll ABC razor, New Improved Big Fellow, and gold Super Adjustable.

full

Wow, this is the most impressive collection I have seen. Not because of razor condition, but because of rarity and variety. Congratulations! You deserved this score!

Last edited:
A Penn razor, Mark Cross?, Adelene, Shake Sharp

full

Barnum, unknown Pat.Applied for razor, "Very Sharp", WM Enders

full

Two Kriss Kross razors, unknown Pat July 6 1909 Made in U.S America, Christy and Keen Kutter.

full

Safety-ette pat pend, Curvfit, unknown Pat Pend (takes standard DE blades), Anticor 1911 pat., Castaway

full

This foldup cartridge razor is marked Krumholz Barberiana Bartonville, Il USA - a twist of the bottom makes the head tilt over and slide into the canister. Below it is a Gillette injector.

full

1) a Copiloto, marked Marca Registrada, Superior Calidad, Hecho en Mexico
2) Unknown open comb plastic razor with New style slot. Looks like a disposable DE. I don't see a way to replace a blade and there is no blade in it, but do see what looks like glue between handle and head.
3) very very cheap Gillette tech. Aluminum handle and base plate, no date code, logo on both corners of plate. Cap is made of something more solid but pitting and possibly rusting? Could be pot metal.

full

1) Ericsson Screw Mach. Prod. Co., old type clone. You may remember them for their "Wizard" DE blade stropper.
2) I think this is a Royal Crown
3) Unknown tech type, similar in head thickness/quality to those cheapies with the hexagonal handle.
4) Unknown open comb. Same story as above.

full

You probably already have a nice "Schick w/ that scissor for cleaning".
PM me if you do...

:biggrin1: Kidding! I'm just Kidding! no I'm not.
That is one awesome score! And you took a pretty big gamble too, so you deserve the rewards for tossing those dice.

-jim

It really is incredible. The Fasan slant answers the question of whether there are/were open comb slants. Looking at all of these great, unique off the beaten path vintage razors, it tells you that there was a whole diverse industry that was much more than Gillette and Schick. That, and that some small museum is missing its collection!

I'm afraid they get far less interesting from here. A bundle of schick injectors, some super speeds, 1912's, micromatics... your run of the mill stuff.

edit: oh, except for a bigelow parkin, a swee-do with a broken tooth, and a broken dehaven shake sharp.

Last edited:
It really is incredible. The Fasan slant answers the question of whether there are/were open comb slants.

I did not realize that there was a debate over their existence. There were other open comb slants as well. Raadvad was one. I'm not sure of the others but know I've seen pics.

I just realized that one of the old types in this lot with a funky handle is not what I thought.
I thought it was some german clone handle, but I have now identified it as a this vest pocket model.

oh, and re: the henckels. I appears that the only thing missing was the blade.

I just realized that one of the old types in this lot with a funky handle is not what I thought.
I thought it was some german clone handle, but I have now identified it as a this vest pocket model.

oh, and re: the henckels. I appears that the only thing missing was the blade.

The lot that keeps on givin'! :lol:

Top Bottom