What's new

OLD SPICE VINTAGE MUG [fisrt eBay win] HELP DATING PLEASE !

So I won my first eBay auction, exciting, even though I was the only one bidding (got lucky?).

I ended up paying £9.97 (about €12,5 or $15,5)
The object were talking about: (object number 330779923505)

Vintage Old Spice Shulton Shaving Mug Dish 1960's (EARLY AMERICAN EDITION)

$OS MUG.jpg

My question is, did I pay the right amount? I expect I did not overpay big time, but have no idea whether it's the right amount.
Plus vintage shaving gear tends to go for nuts prices sometimes and I see it more and more (and read it here).
Also, can someone tell me a little bit about this mug (like the exact year, or any details at all)?

Vintage Old Spice Shaving Mug

Reads underneath EARLY AMERICAN OLD SPICE Shulton

1960's era

In great condition, no chips or cracks

Thank you.
I think it should be this one:
EARLY GLASS MUG 05
late 1950s-1960
In this mug, produced in late 1950s to 1960, the words "Shaving Mug" were printed in blue beneath the image of the ship.
The ship appears opposite the handle. The bottom is marked "Early American Old Spice" in a top arc with "Shulton Inc., Clifton, N.J." in a bottom arc.
The arcs are separated with a single star on each side.
Dimensions 2.75" high X 4.5" rim to handle. This mug held a 5.0 ounce cake of shaving soap.

It says it's in good shape and seller has a good rep, as long as I didn't overpay I'm happy.
It looks good to. I mean theres mugs that are older, maybe rarer but look vale and the image/painting is not clear.
If the Old Spice lettering is bright & red and the boat is blue and sailing it will also looks good on the shelves (I'm not much of a collector).

I think it goes well with a bottle of Old Spice eau de toilette (glass bottle of course) next to it and a ivory brush.
I'll probably throw in a puck and actually use it, a Old Spice clone pug of a good shaving soap maker.

Top Bottom