What's new

eBay lot with over 170 razors--congrats to whomever won

I hate to put a damper on things but I doubt it. Judging from the murky quality of that photo I wouldn't bet the farm it's a chrome toggle. I'm thinking more a well used production one.

Hope springs eternal I suppose. It will be interesting to see what the winner actually receives.

Did you click on the image to get the enlarged auctiva photos? Photo #2 on auctiva shows it pretty well, and unless it has spectacularly even and complete plating loss, then it must be the chrome one.

Looks like some nice lather catchers, too. I'm curious to hear more about the lot when you receive it. Congrats.

So what does one use to store/display 170 razors? That haul makes for one hell of a 6 month rotation lol

Nice haul Amish. I was in up to $900 but came up short. You got a great deal on many fine items. Glad it went to someone in the "family". :thumbup1:

Amish,

Guess you'll be looking for cases for 10 years now. lol

Just please don't flood the Ebay market with the "junk" you don't want.

Other than that, if there's an Eclipse Red Ring in there and you don't want it, send me a PM. :wink:

It was me.
My plans for it are to keep those which I do not have already, which includes most of those mentioned thus far, plus a few more - like that slant that I believe is a krect, but not sure. Then, for those that I do have already, I think some in this lot will be in better shape, so I'll keep whichever is better.
Congratulations ...

If that's the case, I withdraw my previous comment about this auction being won by an investor.

I'm glad it went to someone that can appreciate all the fine razors in that haul, and will be sure to find good homes for the rest of the lot.

So what does one use to store/display 170 razors? That haul makes for one hell of a 6 month rotation lol

I still have some room in here. :001_smile

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Boy, so many questions I have, after seeing those photos...
If I may ask: what's in the small leather box behind what looks like an ivory Wardonia (far right, second shelf from the top)? Is that a Le Coq?

Last edited:
It was me.
My plans for it are to keep those which I do not have already, which includes most of those mentioned thus far, plus a few more - like that slant that I believe is a krect, but not sure. Then, for those that I do have already, I think some in this lot will be in better shape, so I'll keep whichever is better.

Get outta here!
Great job! What a coup. Let us know how this goes. Wow.

Boy, so many questions I have, after seeing those photos...
If I may ask: what's in the small leather box behind what looks like an ivory Wardonia (far right, second shelf from the top)? Is that a Le Coq?

The box says "MAGASIN DU NORD COPENHAGEN" in the center in print, and something illegible in script to the left of that on the inner lid. The razor that was in there is a Golf Asan. It looks as if the worn word may have said Golf, or maybe something completely different. The ivory colored razor is a wardonia clone called a Jayden or something like that, and takes reg. DE blades instead of barrel hole.

edit: it's Jyden.

Last edited:
Did you click on the image to get the enlarged auctiva photos? Photo #2 on auctiva shows it pretty well, and unless it has spectacularly even and complete plating loss, then it must be the chrome one.

Yes I looked. I'm reserving judgment until you have it in hand. Do let us know!

Congrats Amish.....well done.

I'm thinking from the dark square above the dial and the even tone of the razor, there is about a 99.99% chance you are right and will be shining up a "Chrome Toggle" soon.

A friend emailed me and pointed that razor out to me at the start of the auction. I'm happy for you man.....enjoy.

****Edit: Amish, just looked at Mr Razors Chrome Toggle. I would like to retract my previous est of 99.99%.

Look at the bottom plate of the head at the ends. See those 4 little rectangles. New est. 100% .......Congrats*****

Last edited:
Even without Tom's astute observation, I definitely think it is a chrome Toggle as well. I have a gold Toggle, which has lost almost all of its plating, and it doesn't look silver at all. Congrats on the lot, Amish!

It was me.

Given how much you lost in the fire, and having seen you begin the process of re-building that collection, it seems to me that you were able to take a sledgehammer to some of the empty spots. Congrats!
-- Chet

Top Bottom