What's new

ebay.com.au versus ebay.com

I have seen quite a few people mention buying Rigarazor straights from eBay, so went for a look. Over the last couple of weeks I've only seen one straight listed, a beautiful 8/8+ . But I've also seen posts where people say they just purchased one from eBay. I contacted one of those buyers, and he said he can see three straights listed but I only see the one, plus a DE and a hone. This is for eBay seller rigarazor21, see the attached picture.
Maybe he doesn't ship all items to Australia, or there is some such issue with searching from ebay.com.au. Any suggestions?
Rigarazor.jpg

Using ebay.ie (I'm in Ireland), I can't see the stone but can see the same straight and the DE. I can also see another straight with a buy it now price and two straights for auction. Perhaps it does have something to do with the delivery address.

Sorry I can't offer any more suggestions.

Thanks Pinto,
I can of course contact him via eBay and ask for all his items to be made available to Australia. I'm just window shopping ATM but it would be nice to keep an eye on his listings in case something I really fancy comes up.

<Edit> I can see the other straights via ebay.ie using 'Sellers other items', thanks!

Last edited:

Legion

Staff member
Presumably if his items are only listed for domestic postage they shouldn’t show up on eBay AU. It could also be your settings. I’ll often deliberately set my eBay to only show items located in AU because I am not interested in paying international shipping.

Screenshot 2023-04-26 092025.jpg

Australia is not in the excluded list, but not available in the pull down menu for the razors I can see on ebay.ie; Australia is in the list for the one razor I can see on ebay.com.au. May be just an oversight on rigarazor's behalf; at the very least inconsistent.
Yes, postage is steep and Aus government charges 10% GST on item price plus postage price!

View attachment 1644357
Australia is not in the excluded list, but not available in the pull down menu for the razors I can see on ebay.ie; Australia is in the list for the one razor I can see on ebay.com.au. May be just an oversight on rigarazor's behalf; at the very least inconsistent.
Yes, postage is steep and Aus government charges 10% GST on item price plus postage price!
Is Australia included as part of Oceania? If ebay deems it to be, that would be why it's not showing up if you have an AU delivery address.

The GST is annoying especially having to pay it on postage on top of the item price.

Legion

Staff member
Is Australia included as part of Oceania? If ebay deems it to be, that would be why it's not showing up if you have an AU delivery address.

The GST is annoying especially having to pay it on postage on top of the item price.
That is probably it.

Maybe, doesn't explain why I can see the one razor but not the others. I suspect oversight/inconsistency by rigarazor21.
No problem, I'm really just window shopping for now...

If you change your delivery address to one in the US, you will see a lot more listings. You can then add a listing to your watch list, and it will persist when you reset your address.

Maybe, doesn't explain why I can see the one razor but not the others. I suspect oversight/inconsistency by rigarazor21.
No problem, I'm really just window shopping for now...
If you add "rigarazor21" onto your Saved Seller list, the three items he currently has on eBay will be displayed on ebay.com.au and all three ship to Australia. The straight shown works out to $AUD550 including GST. Whoever said that wet shaving will save you money?

Didn't work for me. I already had rigarazor21 saved, tried deleting and re-saving, still don't see the other razors.

Didn't work for me. I already had rigarazor21 saved, tried deleting and re-saving, still don't see the other razors.

Did you set a US delivery address? When I do, I see five razors and a stone. With a NZ address, I see the stone and one razor (the safety).

No, I didn't try setting a US address yet, the method proposed by Phil seemed much simpler (if it had worked).

I guess that if I set a false US address I might see the razors but I can't buy one as it would be sent to the US. If I remove the false US address, I can't see it to buy it!

Last edited:
If I go to ebay.com I see three items. If I enter USA and a USA zip code for shipping, I see six items. Doesn't make sense. I suggest that you contact rigarazor21 and let them know. In addition, I cannot see any reason why Oceania is in the list of excluded shipping destinations when one of their other listings only excludes Russian Federation & Ukraine.

I understand that you are just shopping now, but have you considered the offerings from Steve Colling in Proserpine, Queensland, or Dion Curnow at DC Blades in Gladstone, Queensland. I'm sure that either will be happy to produce a high quality razor to your specs.
SC.jpg

No, I didn't try setting a US address yet, the method proposed by Phil seemed much simpler (if it had worked).

I guess that if I set a false US address I might see the razors but I can't buy one as it would be sent to the US. If I remove the false US address, I can't see it to buy it!

See my post up thread. With a US address, you can add it to your watch list, reset your address and go from there.

Note that this only works if the seller ships to your address, if they don't you'll need a forwarding service from the US.

If I go to ebay.com I see three items. If I enter USA and a USA zip code for shipping, I see six items. Doesn't make sense. I suggest that you contact rigarazor21 and let them know. In addition, I cannot see any reason why Oceania is in the list of excluded shipping destinations when one of their other listings only excludes Russian Federation & Ukraine.

This isn't the sellers fault. I discussed this at length last year with a seller in Japan. They listed all of their razors the same way, but only a quarter of them were visible to me with an NZ address. If I changed to US, I could see them all. They had no shipping restrictions on their end, it was just something that ebay was doing.

I now browse with a US address, and then check the shipping of items I have added to my watch list frommy actual NZ address. It is a masssive pain, but there appears no way around it.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
I have the same issue when browsing eBay International. I do not browse it as much as I used to because of the GST issue with the purchase and the postage and the outrageous cost of International Postage.

Top Bottom