What's new

Durablade Razor Blades (Samah Industries, Bangladesh)

There's not a lot of feedback about the various Durablade razor blades, so I thought I would start a thread and consolidate my opinions here about them as I try each version.

I ran a week with the Sharp Titanium, arguably the "flagship" of the company. It was very sharp and performant but comfort left something to be desired.
Logs are here:
Summary:

Sharp Hi Platinum

61jrXrHNFDL._SL1134_.jpg
IMG_20240407_095715502.jpg

I had an initial first shave with this blade just now in a pre-war Gillette Tech (fat handle). The blade cut my minimal 1 day growth just fine and felt quieter and smoother than its sister, the Sharp Titanium, but it does feel a notch less strong in the sharpness area. I was thinking the Platinum is a significant improvement for me during the shave, but afterwards I feel some irritation on my face.

It's too early to say much more.

Addendum: it's peculiar that the Hi Platinum comes glued with wax unlike the Titanium.

The Sharp 7 AM Platinum I have been using them for a while with mixed results, I find it a little early to make hasty judgments.

I will be honest by saying that I bought them only because I paid less than five euros for the block of a hundred blades on Amazon.

If you can talk about it even here I will say that with the Sharp Stainless for over a month now I have used them several many and have been fine with all the razors.

I have no experience with the other blades Loi Titanium, Sharp titanium or Sharp Hi Titanium and all the others in the catalog.
Does anyone have any experience with Abest platinum blades?

They are from the same Bengali Sharp brand.

For my curiosity of razor blades I was just looking for these Abest Hi Platinum on Amazon but I couldn't find them anymore.
I thought it was really strange because until a week ago I had seen them there, sold by the RBC seller.
After some time I found them but with the surprise of the increased cost.

From the price of 9.99€ they are now selling them for 13.99€ ~ 15.192 $

Screenshot 2024-04-10 175333.png

On the RBC website they cost much less.
I do not understand why these increases, if no one bought them before never again no one will buy them at that price.
It's not really sympathetic.

Last edited:
I do not understand why these increases, if no one bought them before never again no one will buy them at that price.
It's not really sympathetic.
It is surge-based pricing. Amazon/RBC ran a sale at the end of March to early April. Prices on many Treets, Lords, and Durablades ran as low as $4.99. (I was tempted to get some Sharp Titaniums at $6.99, but luckily did not.)

Naturally all the stock was exhausted. The current price reflects the recent demand and is set by a algorithm.

Just check back in a few weeks. I am sure they will be lower as RBC gets more inventory into AMZ warehouses.

It is surge-based pricing. Amazon/RBC ran a sale at the end of March to early April. Prices on many Treets, Lords, and Durablades ran as low as $4.99. (I was tempted to get some Sharp Titaniums at $6.99, but luckily did not.)

Naturally all the stock was exhausted. The current price reflects the recent demand and is set by a algorithm.

Just check back in a few weeks. I am sure they will be lower as RBC gets more inventory into AMZ warehouses.
Well, I will monitor price updates. Thank you!
Have you tried the Sharp Abest Hi Platinum?

@malocchio
Very interesting,Sir.

I recently watched a Youtube video where the gentleman was traveling in Bangladesh and he was showing a lot of these blades from the Sharp catalog from Samah blade.
He claimed, though, that the Balaka blade is one of the oldest and probably no longer in production.
The video was a couple of years old.
Perhaps the Balaka and Adoro blades are only found in the local market in Bangladesh.

I just had a great shave with my RazoRock OLD and a Sharp Titanium on it's 6th full face multi pass shave. The blade was smooth as silk and still cutting perfectly.
I do not know if BigSpender is still active (he seems to have disabled most of the tracking features of the forum), but his testimony is a huge endorsement of the Sharp Titanium. Sharp Titanium Blades - A Nice Surprise - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/sharp-titanium-blades-a-nice-surprise.577094/post-11205577

30 shaves from one Titanium... Wow!

I do not share the same level of endorsement, but I agree it's a good blade.

I can’t comment of the longevity of Sharp Titaniums as I have always given up on them after a shave or two (or less). They are sharp enough to shave, but not sharp enough to shave pleasantly (for me).

Shave #2 - Sharp Hi Platinum
Gillette Tech - Pre-war fat handle
Vitos Soap

I had a very smooth experience returning to this blade with a full 2 day growth. As often noted, a razor blade can perform better on a second use after some of the coating has worn off and this may be the case here. I feel like my second use was better than the initial one.

The edge was suitably sharp to get a close to BBS shave off 2 leisurely slow passes where I took my time and made sure to catch every square inch of my face each repetition.

This is a quality blade and I like it better than the Titanium.

Shave #3 - Sharp Hi Platinum
Rimei A2001
Vitos Soap

I had enough stubble this morning to warrant a shave, so I fired up the Rimei. I wanted an aggressive razor with lots of blade feel to give me enough margin to sense exactly how much I needed to cut.

Another good to great shave was given by the Hi Platinum. A single pass was enough to remove my meager whiskers from a single day and I didn't bother with touch ups. This blade remains relatively comfortable but I noticed some developing feel of resistance, so the next time if there is one, warrants a change to a new edge. I like to use my DE razors like a SE and cut on only one side at a time.

The Sharp Hi Platinum feels like a slightly rougher Treet Platinum to me, and I quite enjoy it.

camelcamelcamel is the best AMZ price tracker I know of. You can set a desired price and the site will email you when the product hits the target number. They also have historical price markers that are useful to know the potential low price.
I think I understand why Abest blades cost so much on Amazon for European residents.
They cost about €13.99 ~ $14.916 the price of the hundred blades includes shipping.
Previously the same blades when they were sold for about 8.99€ or 9.99€ was to add the shipping charge.
I must add that on the RBC site one hundred of these blades cost 9.99 to add another three euros for shipping,more or less the price is the same.
Too high a price for razor blades that are not highly regarded and are not even on the official Samah Industries site anymore.
If you don't mind me asking, how much did you pay for them in Abest's package?

Last edited:
Top Bottom