What's new

Dr Jon's - Anne Bonny Shave Soap

Used this for the first time this morning and I'm impressed!

Shave equipment this morning...

Gillette Super speed 1960 with Gillette 7 O'clock black
Dr Jon's Big Green Lather Monster Brush
Dr Jon's Anne Bonny Soap
Captains Choice Lather Bowl
Pinaud Special Reserve Aftershave

Really happy with the performance of the soap - it behaves more like a cream, very soft and as you can see from the photos below develops into a beautiful smooth lather. Applied plenty on my face and the lather provided plenty of cushion and slickness. Although I only did a 2 pass this morning I have enough lather for probably 3-4 passes without a problem.

Nice scent - quite strong which I like and I would describe it as a fresh bay rum type scent. If you don't enjoy a strong smelling soap this may be an issue but certainly not for me.

One of the important things for me is the post shave feel - I prefer not to use balms as I live in Singapore and its hot and humid here all year round and sweat doesn't mix well with aftershave balms!! This soap didn't dry my skin out or cause any irritation so I can just splash on some nice aftershave and I'm done.

For reference my favourite other soaps are Stirling Barbershop and Tabac.

$uploadfromtaptalk1425882553684.jpg$uploadfromtaptalk1425882574607.jpg$uploadfromtaptalk1425882597447.jpg$uploadfromtaptalk1425882613161.jpg$uploadfromtaptalk1425882624705.jpg

I thought as much.

I reckon I will pair it with Pinaud Virgin Island Bay Rum or Layrite No 9.

So many combinations, so little time!

No doubt about his work - I love the green handle material as it reminds me of greenstone from my native New Zealand:001_smile

Its a lovely brush and I'm not surprised you're selling plenty, congrats on getting quality products out there.

Nathan at Envy Shave does great work. He is making brushes to go with Hydra and Classic as we speak, he is also making more of the Big Green Monster as we have nearly run out.

Top Bottom