What's new

Doreo or Dorco - Mystery blades

I see, I missed that. I knew there was South Korea and Vietnam production.

Are your pictures from the wildfires? My brother lives in California. Last I heard he has a bag packed in case he has to evacuate.
They did produce in China, they currently list a China production site. A Chinese manufacturer once advertised they provided OEM for Dorco. I suspect that handle injection production for carts was definitely done in China.

These are obviously not Dorco products but knock offs.

Any photos to share?
20200913_205348.jpg

RBX branded outer sleeve. Part of a kit I got at TJMaxx

Blades were included with Ben Sherman and A-Zone branded razors from “MarshMaxx”. I’ve wondered why no one has mentioned these before. They ARE all over AliExpress. I wonder if it’s the old Dorco China plant churning them out. I haven’t shaved with one either... the razors they came with weren’t that great though. Horrible blade alignment with too much free play. Decent handles though.

proxy.php

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blades were included with Ben Sherman and A-Zone branded razors from “MarshMaxx”. I’ve wondered why no one has mentioned these before. They ARE all over AliExpress. I wonder if it’s the old Dorco China plant churning them out. I haven’t shaved with one either... the razors they came with weren’t that great though. Horrible blade alignment with too much free play. Decent handles though.

proxy.php

Where did you get those? I still think the "Dorco" was intentionally left off as a sort of private label printing. I had a pack MicroTouch One blades that are Dorco labeled so a no-name private label is not much of a stretch.

Where did you get those? I still think the "Dorco" was intentionally left off as a sort of private label printing. I had a pack MicroTouch One blades that are Dorco labeled so a no-name private label is not much of a stretch.

I got each of these blades bundled with safety razors that were branded Ben Sherman and A-Zone at either TJMaxx or Marshall’s. They are made in China but I don’t believe are licensed Dorco.

I had the same pack of Dorco from my original MicroTouch One kit. The blades were legitimate Dorco ST300 with just a MicroTouch card as the first blade in the container.

Well someone had to do it, so I just tried one of the Doreo blades in my recently purchased1947 vintage Gillette Tech razor. I used Williams Mug shaving soap and got a great shave. Every bit as good if not better than from some of the name brand blades in the same and other razors.

Each blade was double wrapped and had a nice Doreo marking. If they last as long as most other blades, I would consider them to be a good value. Actually I have a 10 pack, and plan to use them all. No complaints here.

Notice the wrapping says platinum, but the blade says stainless.

PXL_20200920_010348794.jpg
PXL_20200920_004643277.jpg
PXL_20200920_004721652.jpg

Here are comparisons. The first one is the knockoff Dorco, second is the Dorco ST300 that came packaged with the MicroTouch One, and the third blade is the Dorco ST300 I received when I purchased a Baili from Wet Shaving Club.

proxy.php

proxy.php

I got each of these blades bundled with safety razors that were branded Ben Sherman and A-Zone at either TJMaxx or Marshall’s. They are made in China but I don’t believe are licensed Dorco.

I had the same pack of Dorco from my original MicroTouch One kit. The blades were legitimate Dorco ST300 with just a MicroTouch card as the first blade in the container.

To be honest, I would only go to those stores if my wife or my mom drags me along.

Well someone had to do it, so I just tried one of the Doreo blades in my recently purchased1947 vintage Gillette Tech razor. I used Williams Mug shaving soap and got a great shave. Every bit as good if not better than from some of the name brand blades in the same and other razors.

Each blade was double wrapped and had a nice Doreo marking. If they last as long as most other blades, I would consider them to be a good value. Actually I have a 10 pack, and plan to use them all. No complaints here.

Notice the wrapping says platinum, but the blade says stainless.

View attachment 1157358View attachment 1157359View attachment 1157360

Nice to hear. I bought a couple DEs with blades from Dollar Tree with some no-name blades. The razors were junk but I could get 6 good shaves from the blades!

To be honest, I would only go to those stores if my wife or my mom drags me along.

Nice to hear. I bought a couple DEs with blades from Dollar Tree with some no-name blades. The razors were junk but I could get 6 good shaves from the blades!

Do you happen to remember if the packaging was blue or grayish from Dollar Tree? Were the blades wrapped in yellow or grey packaging?

Do you happen to remember if the packaging was blue or grayish from Dollar Tree? Were the blades wrapped in yellow or grey packaging?

I had one marked "Pacific" and a couple marked "Assured." I never tried the Pacific blades but the ones from the Assured were wrapped yellow and worked very well for me.

I had one marked "Pacific" and a couple marked "Assured." I never tried the Pacific blades but the ones from the Assured were wrapped yellow and worked very well for me.

Yup that’s what I hear is before Assured it was Pacific. There was another name before that, I can’t seem to recall. Now it’s “Assured for Men”, but as you know from my previous post on the DT DEs, the razor quality has gone down even more.

I pop into them on occasion. Sometimes they will have AoS or Proraso at great prices.

Exactly. When I have time to kill I pop in for shaving gear. Some of the handles on the Chinese junk razor heads aren’t too bad for razors like a Gillette Sterling/Super Blue. Just got some shave soap that came with a clubman brush and a nip of after shave splash

Top Bottom