What's new

Doreo or Dorco - Mystery blades

Okay, I see the pattern. They were knocking off (not counterfeiting) the previous Dorco ST300 packaging, so it seems Dorco updated it by displaying HQ in the corner instead.

But now here’s the updated knockoff on AliExpress. This one knockoff of Dorco ST301

proxy.php

proxy.php

Second shave this morning with the same Doreo blade, and the result was just as good as the first time. No irritation, and just a slight tingle from the aftershave.

These blades are fine, and I cannot understand why they feel the need to make them appear like Dorco blades. They should have developed their own packaging and logo and run with it.

These were freebies included with a clone of a Merkur Futur bought off Amazon, and not marketed here in the US, but based on my experience with them, I wouldn't hesitate to buy them if they were priced competitively. I think the choice of razor blades is overrated. If you have your technique down, you should be able to get a great shave with almost any blade.

Second shave this morning with the same Doreo blade, and the result was just as good as the first time. No irritation, and just a slight tingle from the aftershave.

These blades are fine, and I cannot understand why they feel the need to make them appear like Dorco blades. They should have developed their own packaging and logo and run with it.

These were freebies included with a clone of a Merkur Futur bought off Amazon, and not marketed here in the US, but based on my experience with them, I wouldn't hesitate to buy them if they were priced competitively. I think the choice of razor blades is overrated. If you have your technique down, you should be able to get a great shave with almost any blade.

I agree with your blade-technique statement. There are better blades than others, but I can pretty much get a good shave with and blade I use. Full disclosure though, I no longer strive for a bbs shave daily. I work outside primarily and the heat and sweat would bring out irritation around my throat throughout the day. Lately though, wearing a mask really irritates my chin on days I shave as well.

I agree with your blade-technique statement. There are better blades than others, but I can pretty much get a good shave with and blade I use. Full disclosure though, I no longer strive for a bbs shave daily. I work outside primarily and the heat and sweat would bring out irritation around my throat throughout the day. Lately though, wearing a mask really irritates my chin on days I shave as well.

Try moisturizing your face more often. Always having a barrier on your skin might help with the mask irritation. My thoughts is the mask is absorbent and going to wick hydration from the skin. So by applying a moisturizer locks in the hydration. Could use a hydrating moisturizer, I suppose lol

The third shave with the Doreo blade this morning was ok, but took a lttle longer than the last two times. The result was still smooth, but considering they really didn't cost me anything, I will stop at three shaves, and replace it.

One of my adult sons will be visiting us this Sunday, and I will give him a few to take home and try.

Being furloughed from work, I have plenty of time to play with useless stuff like this😛

The third shave with the Doreo blade this morning was ok, but took a lttle longer than the last two times. The result was still smooth, but considering they really didn't cost me anything, I will stop at three shaves, and replace it.

One of my adult sons will be visiting us this Sunday, and I will give him a few to take home and try.

Being furloughed from work, I have plenty of time to play with useless stuff like this[emoji14]

Have you gotten around to trying the Dollar Tree blades? Or for that matter, Family Dollar and Dollar General?

Dollar Tree: Assured brand w/ safety razor, 5 blades

Family Dollar: Daxton brand, 5 blades

Dollar General: DG Body brand, 5 blades in dispenser (pretty sure Dorco ST301)

I’m not condoning the purchase of overpriced, local blades, just curious of your experiences with them. I prefer to get the brands, that I know and trust, through the mail. The only reason I say locally “overpriced” is due to the much lower cost per a sleeve/brick shipped.

I’ve seen store brand 10-pack of blades run $7+ at pharmacies, for just private labeled Dorco.

I have no plans to buy any off brands. I recently purchased a 100 blade package of Astra SP blades, which I will start using after going through all the other odd blades I have. Most came in a sample package.

Have you gotten around to trying the Dollar Tree blades? Or for that matter, Family Dollar and Dollar General?

Dollar Tree: Assured brand w/ safety razor, 5 blades

Family Dollar: Daxton brand, 5 blades

Dollar General: DG Body brand, 5 blades in dispenser (pretty sure Dorco ST301)

I’m not condoning the purchase of overpriced, local blades, just curious of your experiences with them. I prefer to get the brands, that I know and trust, through the mail. The only reason I say locally “overpriced” is due to the much lower cost per a sleeve/brick shipped.

I’ve seen store brand 10-pack of blades run $7+ at pharmacies, for just private labeled Dorco.

There is a Family Dollar 5 minutes from my house. I've lived here almost 6 years and I have been to the Family Dollar twice. I hate it, but the first time was to check it out and the second time was to buy some Daxton blades. They were nothing special and tuggy. I would not buy them again. Only as a last resort!

A few years ago I bought some blades on closeout from K Mart. Pretty sure they were made by Dorco. Not really sure if I ever tried them!

There is a Family Dollar 5 minutes from my house. I've lived here almost 6 years and I have been to the Family Dollar twice. I hate it, but the first time was to check it out and the second time was to buy some Daxton blades. They were nothing special and tuggy. I would not buy them again. Only as a last resort!

A few years ago I bought some blades on closeout from K Mart. Pretty sure they were made by Dorco. Not really sure if I ever tried them!

I don’t like a Family Dollar myself but I do like Dollar General (at least one of them in my area anyways). I picked up a knockoff Atra and DE blades there before because I liked the DE blade dispenser and I had Personna TracII/Atra carts so I figured I’d try the Atra since the TracII was where I thought the razor innovation should have stopped. Haha

Atra gives me ingrowns but the same cartridge on a TracII doesn’t. It’s definitely the pivoting head that causes the ingrowns as I pass the jawline. If I just shave using a good technique and a locked wrist with a TracII, I’m good.

Sorry, I digress. I don’t have any friends into wet shaving as a hobby... I’m sure I’m not the only one!

I don't know when they went to daxton but I have old dollar general blades from 2015. I forgot what they say. Maybe korea?
But I'll post some pics when I get home.
Also have some old Kroger ones. One pack made in usa one pack made in Israel.

I don't know when they went to daxton but I have old dollar general blades from 2015. I forgot what they say. Maybe korea?
But I'll post some pics when I get home.
Also have some old Kroger ones. One pack made in usa one pack made in Israel.

Not Dollar General, Family Dollar.

Family Dollar carries Daxton (their home label, Chinese blades) and Dollar General carries DG Body (their home brand, Dorco blades)

Not Dollar General, Family Dollar.

Family Dollar carries Daxton (their home label, Chinese blades) and Dollar General carries DG Body (their home brand, Dorco blades)
I have old 2015 family dollar ones too. They just say family dollar on the package if I recall. They definitely weren't daxton.

Ill post pics when I'm off work if I can remember.

Back then every store I went to I was looking at blades haha

I have old 2015 family dollar ones too. They just say family dollar on the package if I recall

Ill post pics when I'm off work if I can remember.

Back then every store I went to I was looking at blades haha

I wonder who makes those blades. Family Dollar changed all their home brand names to “Daxton” before I even started shopping at FD.

I wonder who makes those blades. Family Dollar changed all their home brand names to “Daxton” before I even started shopping at FD.
I'll definitely try and remember to post pics. I have one open package from one store that I think I tracked down as made in Israel. Probably personna. But those may have been Kroger.

I'll definitely try and remember to post pics. I have one open package from one store that I think I tracked down as made in Israel. Probably personna. But those may have been Kroger.

I have Kroger Trac II/Atra cartridges and they are by Personna

I have Kroger Trac II/Atra cartridges and they are by Personna
Mine are DE. But before they changed to what they have now.
I think I have family dollar. Maybe dollar general. I don't know I'll have to look.
Memory not so great from that long ago anymore.
Had to relearn alot when I came back to the forums. But it started all coming back. Had to unlock that memory trunk I guess

Mine are DE. But before they changed to what they have now.
I think I have family dollar. Maybe dollar general. I don't know I'll have to look.
Memory not so great from that long ago anymore.
Had to relearn alot when I came back to the forums. But it started all coming back. Had to unlock that memory trunk I guess

Well, we are glad to have you back!

Top Bottom