What's new

Doreo or Dorco - Mystery blades

I just don't get it. If you are going to go through the effort to counterfeit razor blades, wouldn't it make sense to copy something expensive like Feather?

Like knock off watches. People copy Rolex and similar brands, not Timex, or casio.

There’s a post on one of the wetshave forums explaining why it makes sense to knockoff a cheaper product rather than a premium. I can’t remember anything about it but I remember someone making a good point.

I just don't get it. If you are going to go through the effort to counterfeit razor blades, wouldn't it make sense to copy something expensive like Feather?

Like knock off watches. People copy Rolex and similar brands, not Timex, or casio.

Although, I don’t understand myself why a Chinese company would copy the packaging of Dorco blades and include them in bundled with a razor. If I didn’t know any better, and had previous experience with Dorco, I’d have just assumed the razor came with Dorco blades, if I didn’t look closer at the wrapper to see no Dorco name on it.

If I were someone new to this and If I “liked” those blades that came with the razor, I’d go and buy Dorco. So, it doesn’t really help the Chinese company even sell their knockoffs. To a newbie; they would find ST300 are Dorco.

As promised here they are. Family dollar "compare to gillette super stainless" lol
Made in vietnam.
16009564584464529747064451413052.jpg
16009564734153223511570121148368.jpg

Here are the Kroger.
Only difference is one made in Israel and one made USA ( both supposedly personna)
View attachment 1159365View attachment 1159367

I thought Vietnam was Dorco. I know Israel had a Personna plant but those dispensers are the exact same as the Dorco. Does Personna have a foothold in Vietnam? Maybe my Dollar General from a Vietnam are Personna? Always assumed Dorco but the shave quality is much better than a Dorco ST300

I thought Vietnam was Dorco. I know Israel had a Personna plant but those dispensers are the exact same as the Dorco. Does Personna have a foothold in Vietnam? Maybe my Dollar General from a Vietnam are Personna? Always assumed Dorco but the shave quality is much better than a Dorco ST300
Dorco if that's what the FD blades were are square. The rest are oval. Check the pics again. Compared to the "known" personna" from Kroger. Kroger has a curve on top and bottom. fD are square.
Same as these DG blades made in south korea
16009621340337131015837650290381.jpg
1600962148183802698231067169141.jpg

Also notice the arrow placement difference between the Israeli and USA Kroger blades. But the kroger are personna. Or they were back then.
Not sure why the south korea and vietnam blades have same case. Maybe dorco made in two different plants?
Love to know.

I've "known" the squarer dispensers to be Dorco and the curved ones to be Personna, but I have seen Personna in an all white, square dispenser.

Also, at least back in the day, there was at least 3 types of Personna dispenser descriptions. There was the stainless steel, platinum chrome, and ones that said on the box "comfort coated" but I don't remember which actual dispenser it applied to.

Stoof, I apologize. I’m still learning how forum boards work!

I assumed you knew Dorco has plants in both Korea and Vietnam. My bad lol

On a separate note, I heard Korean Dorco were better than Vietnam Dorco. I’ve only used Vietnam Dorco and preferred them when I started (first blade with Weishi-MicroTouch) but now I’m just not as big of a fan. I only preferred them because I had SuperMax SS and Dollar Tree “Assured” as my other options...

I do have some Dorco ST301 to try.. hoping they’re better than what I think of the ST300s now. But I’m almost sure the Dorco, sold in the white dispensers as store brands, are ST301 and not ST300. I’ve used the DG white dispenser blades and thought it was a pretty serviceable blade.

Last edited:

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.
LOL China gonna China

Cheap blades packaged to look like a name brand of decent blades. Could be good, could be bad, but intended to live off the goodwill that Dorco has for sure.

LOL China gonna China

Cheap blades packaged to look like a name brand of decent blades. Could be good, could be bad, but intended to live off the goodwill that Dorco has for sure.

I have to throw one of them in my next rotation, just to see if I actually like them over the real blue Dorco ST300. I find the real Dorco ST300 are scratchy on my face. Not dull or tuggy, just scratchy and irritation, no matter which razor, is almost unavoidable for a DFS shave.

I’d be happy if I got one, smooth shave with the unbranded ST300, in my stash, over the three or so scratchy shaves I get from the authentic ST300s

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.
I have to throw one of them in my next rotation, just to see if I actually like them over the real blue Dorco ST300. I find the real Dorco ST300 are scratchy on my face. Not dull or tuggy, just scratchy and irritation, no matter which razor, is almost unavoidable for a DFS shave.

I’d be happy if I got one, smooth shave with the unbranded ST300, in my stash, over the three or so scratchy shaves I get from the authentic ST300s

Interested to hear. I have my guess, but it may not be right. Even if they turn out to be the best blades on the planet, I would not seek them out just because it seems shady what they are doing. Wanna buy a Boze sound system? Banng and Olemson? Invinity? JBK? Klippsh?

One of my adult sons visited us yesterday, and I gave him an assortment of blades from a sample pack to try. I included a few Doreo blades with no mention of this ongoing discussion, and asked for his comments on the difference blades as he tries them.

Almost a blind test by someone who has no pre opinions.

I just heard back from my son who finally got around to trying a Doreo blade, was underwhelmed, and went back to the Gillette black box blades made in India that I included in the assortment.

So there you have it. You heard it here first :001_tongu

I just heard back from my son who finally got around to trying a Doreo blade, was underwhelmed, and went back to the Gillette black box blades made in India that I included in the assortment.

So there you have it. You heard it here first :001_tongu

7oClock Super Platinum? Has he tried Indian Gillette-Wilkinson Sword?

Top Bottom