What's new

Don't hate me.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
So, @shavefan was getting tired of my constantly praising Arko. Seriously tired: he had some of his mysterious gangsta friends send me an unmarked package of soap samples, a BUNCH of clearly marked samples. Plus a EJ wooden handled brush that I have no idea the type of wood, but I think it's a boar, but it smells pretty, so who knows? And a couple of AS samples I was always too cheap to buy. My wife went ballistic when she saw the stuff, until she found out it was free. Then she said "who does that? Sending a weirdo like you free stuff?" Now you know why I call her the War Department.
Still listening? Anyway, I tried this sample in a tin with a little sticker like from a garage sale marked "P160". So I PMed my mafia friend and he confirmed it was the famous unobtainium. Really. As some of you know, my Dad was a child of the Depression, so you don't deserve nice stuff, nor do you waste anything. So I used a brush given me by @Macfrommichigan an Omega that my ADHD brain refuses to remember the number assigned to it, added hardly any water, and swirled it in the tin for about 2 point 4 seconds. Then applied that to a well prepared beautiful face. Mine. Used my birth quarter Tech. The shave was kinda meh. So I thought, maybe that's why they don't make that soap no more.
Wrong...
The other day I decided to bowl lather that P160. Problem: were did my hoarding self put that bowl? I eventually found it, in it's original box, with a Marvy brush I think I bought at Sally's when I was buying a perm to do my mom's hair. It used to shed like crazy, so I must have stored it in the box with the bowl a couple of years ago. On a side note, my mom no longer sheds. She does have alopecia areata on occasion tho.
Then I found a blade, called a Boyoui? or something like that. Mostly Chinese writing all over it. Figured I'd really test that soap. Then, I looked under the bathroom sink cabinet and found a razor that the War Department musta hid on me: a truly one of a kind razor I took a rider out on my Homeowner's insurance policy for. If you want to see it, @Ricksplace uses it as his avatar. My agent tells me that Rick took a 5 dollar turd and turned it into something worth close to 200 million dollars. Really.
On to the shave, if you're still interested. I listened to all of you rich guys, and this time I loaded that P160 like I hated it. Whipped it in the bowl with the Marvy. Or Marvey. Whatever. Lather exploded. Applied said lather to my rather exceptionally handsome, well prepared face.
Wow. What a shave. Had that masterpiece of a razor dialed down as far as it would go; still had more gap than between the War Department's front teeth, but with a little patience I managed a dang near BBS shave in only 2 passes, with a little bit of touch-ups. Followed up with some Avon Blend 7 after shave from the mid sixties.
So in closing thank you to all my B&B brethren, you do so much more for me than send me free stuff and aid me in my hobby of irritating my lovely War Department. Most days this place is the highlight of my day. Really, lol.

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
Congrats! The original P.160s truly are great soaps. I didn't yearn for any chane-up when I was 3017ing my block of Tipo Morbido.

Solely in the interest of historical accuracy, @Macfrommichigan did not send you an Omega boar. It was a Semogue 610, I think. Red. And in return you were going to send me a first edition of Playboy, signed by Marilyn Monroe. Still waiting on that, BTW.

FarmerTan

Solely in the interest of historical accuracy, @Macfrommichigan did not send you an Omega boar. It was a Semogue 610, I think. Red. And in return you were going to send me a first edition of Playboy, signed by Marilyn Monroe. Still waiting on that, BTW.
Would you believe she burned it? Wouldn't matter. These days I can't find myself in a mirror, so I doubt it'll ever turn up.

I don’t hate you, I rather like you.
You need to find a better class of losers my friend. But thank you.

Enjoyed that write up. Well done.
And even tho I never let the truth get in the way of a good story, over 99% was true. Thank you.

Nice write-up! Glad to hear it shaves well for you!
"More gap than between the war department's teeth" -dang that strikes me as funny as heck.
If your insurance agent thinks it's worth 200 million dollars, please tell him I'll make one special just for him. Half price. I'll even pay shipping.
That was a fun pif. Now you have me thinking I should make another one to give away. (not the same though). I have a black finish clone that might look good with a brass handle...

FarmerTan

Nice write-up! Glad to hear it shaves well for you!
"More gap than between the war department's teeth" -dang that strikes me as funny as heck.
If your insurance agent thinks it's worth 200 million dollars, please tell him I'll make one special just for him. Half price. I'll even pay shipping.
That was a fun pif. Now you have me thinking I should make another one to give away. (not the same though). I have a black finish clone that might look good with a brass handle...
And my greedy butt will be first in line, lol!

FarmerTan

And the gap in her teeth is non-existent. That was one of the lies in my story put in there to make it more fun to write. Now I'm going to go throw my hat on the bed to see if she's just mad or shooting mad. Tomorrow is the 31st anniversary of the best day of her life, and I'm hoping a homemade card will make her happy.

So, @shavefan was getting tired of my constantly praising Arko. Seriously tired: he had some of his mysterious gangsta friends send me an unmarked package of soap samples, a BUNCH of clearly marked samples. Plus a EJ wooden handled brush that I have no idea the type of wood, but I think it's a boar, but it smells pretty, so who knows? And a couple of AS samples I was always too cheap to buy. My wife went ballistic when she saw the stuff, until she found out it was free. Then she said "who does that? Sending a weirdo like you free stuff?" Now you know why I call her the War Department.
Still listening? Anyway, I tried this sample in a tin with a little sticker like from a garage sale marked "P160". So I PMed my mafia friend and he confirmed it was the famous unobtainium. Really. As some of you know, my Dad was a child of the Depression, so you don't deserve nice stuff, nor do you waste anything. So I used a brush given me by @Macfrommichigan an Omega that my ADHD brain refuses to remember the number assigned to it, added hardly any water, and swirled it in the tin for about 2 point 4 seconds. Then applied that to a well prepared beautiful face. Mine. Used my birth quarter Tech. The shave was kinda meh. So I thought, maybe that's why they don't make that soap no more.
Wrong...
The other day I decided to bowl lather that P160. Problem: were did my hoarding self put that bowl? I eventually found it, in it's original box, with a Marvy brush I think I bought at Sally's when I was buying a perm to do my mom's hair. It used to shed like crazy, so I must have stored it in the box with the bowl a couple of years ago. On a side note, my mom no longer sheds. She does have alopecia areata on occasion tho.
Then I found a blade, called a Boyoui? or something like that. Mostly Chinese writing all over it. Figured I'd really test that soap. Then, I looked under the bathroom sink cabinet and found a razor that the War Department musta hid on me: a truly one of a kind razor I took a rider out on my Homeowner's insurance policy for. If you want to see it, @Ricksplace uses it as his avatar. My agent tells me that Rick took a 5 dollar turd and turned it into something worth close to 200 million dollars. Really.
On to the shave, if you're still interested. I listened to all of you rich guys, and this time I loaded that P160 like I hated it. Whipped it in the bowl with the Marvy. Or Marvey. Whatever. Lather exploded. Applied said lather to my rather exceptionally handsome, well prepared face.
Wow. What a shave. Had that masterpiece of a razor dialed down as far as it would go; still had more gap than between the War Department's front teeth, but with a little patience I managed a dang near BBS shave in only 2 passes, with a little bit of touch-ups. Followed up with some Avon Blend 7 after shave from the mid sixties.
So in closing thank you to all my B&B brethren, you do so much more for me than send me free stuff and aid me in my hobby of irritating my lovely War Department. Most days this place is the highlight of my day. Really, lol.

Why would I hate you. I love cheap yet good soaps and stuff like Arko, Proraso, TFS and WMS (which is on my soon to try list) are great.

I am a simple guys with simple tastes but boy do I enjoy my stuff lol.

Wrong...

GREAT POST!!

The two keys to happiness IMHO:
#1. Keep LOTH (‘War Department’ in your case) happy!!
#2. Enjoy your shaves!!

Anything else is a bonus! :a29::a29:

Top Bottom