What's new

Domenico Caraceni 1913 & Floris 89 Questions

Now that I have sampled Floris 89 and C&S 88, I can say that they are sufficiently different that you can buy both with a clear conscience. I really like the Floris. I think Anthony describes it well. For me, it hits the sweet spot a lot of us are looking for of being a scent for grownups without being what some would call "old mannish" (for lack of a better term). My wife likes it, too, which is nice. To my nose, the C&S has a much more pronounced floral/rose scent that I just couldn't get past. It's nice smelling in its own way, but it's just not something I'd see myself wearing.

interesting, from the above post. on me the 88 is much more formal and i would consider it to be the darker of the two. As a matter of fact, i think of DC to be almost light and breezy...

This is the part of men's frags that I find so interesting. I believe to a huge degree that our own personal body chemistry plays a huge part in this, especially with the higher end colognes.

I like C&S No 88 a lot, but on me it's much lighter than Caraceni 1913 and it's gone in two hours. I've tried it three different times.

Sounds like it's the opposite for you.

I've tried a lot of very well reviewed colognes from here and Basenotes, and find some of them just not right for me, or more often than not, they don't last at all on me. I think it's very important to test wear frags for a day, especially the pricey stuff.

Last edited:
I ordered 2 samples each of Domenico Caraceni 1913 & Czech & Speake No. 88 at Lucky Scent for $20. Are these colognes winter fragrances or can they be worn all year?

Top Bottom