What's new

Does anyone not like polsilver/wizamets?

Ah....so, should an interested person with a few bucks to spend want to buy some, where might one refer him?

You can find them on the Bay and Etsy, I've purchased them in both places. There's another thread where folks are discussing this exact question:

I've bought Wyzamet 250-blade sleeves twice from this dude - you can purchase from him with confidence, and I notice that now he's back to $50 per sleeve, for a while they were up to $85 which is not a good deal, but $50 is the usual price and fair:

If you just want a sampler-sized bunch of say 50 or 100, you could probably find that on eBay, but all the cool people buy the 250 blade sleeve, and the prices on broken up sleeves are pretty outrageous imho.

BUT .... this is the big "but" .... they are just Polsilvers. The exact same blade. If you already have Pols, you already have Wizamets, aside from the packaging. I'll admit the packaging and history is cool & the 10 blade tucks are way cooler than the 5 blade Polsilver tucks, and they are much cheaper than Polsilvers despite being exactly the same, but they are going to shave exactly the same.

I think it's a very good blade, but so are a lot of other ones. I think the Wizamet/Polsilver "cult" is over the top in their frenzied quest to obtain these at almost any price from far flung places. I can get a great shave from any modern Gillette blade made in Russia, India or China. There is no "Holy Grail" blade.

The cruel secret here is that most of all our shaving needs can be met with a Tech and an Astra SP blade.

Problem is...that just isn't sexy.

BUT .... this is the big "but" .... they are just Polsilvers. The exact same blade. If you already have Pols, you already have Wizamets, aside from the packaging. I'll admit the packaging and history is cool & the 10 blade tucks are way cooler than the 5 blade Polsilver tucks, and they are much cheaper than Polsilvers despite being exactly the same, but they are going to shave exactly the same.
This is why I'm interested in Wizamets. My favorite blade of all time is PolSilver. I don't have any left. They're getting expensive and hard to find (you know, the ol' supply and demand thing we learned about in economics). So, I wanted to get some wizamets if they're any easier to find, or cheaper.

This is why I'm interested in Wizamets. My favorite blade of all time is PolSilver. I don't have any left. They're getting expensive and hard to find (you know, the ol' supply and demand thing we learned about in economics). So, I wanted to get some wizamets if they're any easier to find, or cheaper.
Actual supply is not necessarily an issue. Psychological scarcity effect:

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom