What's new

Does anyone here like Dorco ST-300

Ok now Moody all you did. ..was fall off your bike and...you know what that means. .get on back up there and give it another ,shot... the infamous ST-300 need a little. ..love. ..and I as the Dorco COP,,SENTENCE YOU TO ONE WEEK..OF 3 PASS SHAVES WITH Dorco ST-300. ..

Sorry, i have 4 left. That wouldn't cover a week.

I don't mind a Dorco blade, they work for me. There is some debate on another thread concerning Vietnamese made blades that are found in the dollar stores and K-Mart. Some say they are Dorco blade and others say they are Gillette made blades. If they are indeed Vietnamese made Dorcos, I like them better than the Korean made ones.

I don't mind a Dorco blade, they work for me. There is some debate on another thread concerning Vietnamese made blades that are found in the dollar stores and K-Mart. Some say they are Dorco blade and others say they are Gillette made blades. If they are indeed Vietnamese made Dorcos, I like them better than the Korean made ones.

They are. The Vietnamese made Dorco ST-300,,, what confused people was the label for
marketing purposes has in very small obscure print . ..the phrase,, compare to...
then the very next line of print is very large and bold,, says. ..GILLETTE PLATINUM. ...
it's all in the Scheme of trying to sell DE blades locally. ..

They are. The Vietnamese made Dorco ST-300,,, what confused people was the label for
marketing purposes has in very small obscure print . ..the phrase,, compare to...
then the very next line of print is very large and bold,, says. ..GILLETTE PLATINUM. ...
it's all in the Scheme of trying to sell DE blades locally. ..

I always thought they were Dorcos as well. It seems that only Personna and Dorco make blades that are repackaged as the "store brand" blades. I wouldn't think that Gillette blades would be called anything but Gillette.

I always thought they were Dorcos as well. It seems that only Personna and Dorco make blades that are repackaged as the "store brand" blades. I wouldn't think that Gillette blades would be called anything but Gillette.

Same here, I've only seen or even heard of only dorco and persona...
Being repackaged as. Store brands. ..and you're right about Gillette
if they make it they want their name on it... when it comes to shaving....
their brand name means everything to them....

Ok now Moody all you did. ..was fall off your bike and...you know what that means. .get on back up there and give it another ,shot... the infamous ST-300 need a little. ..love. ..and I as the Dorco COP,,SENTENCE YOU TO ONE WEEK..OF 3 PASS SHAVES WITH Dorco ST-300. ..

9 months later.... I gave the dorco another try. It was worse than I remembered.

Was the blade a Dorco Vietnam made blade.? I find them better than the Korean Dorco's. The Primes are even better as in sharp & smooth. I get X10 nice close shaves with the Prime Blade.

I arrived several times one click away from buying ST300, since i once found them really cheap too (about 6 EUR for 100? One of the cheapest blades i 've seen), but every time i discarded the idea and ordered more korean ST301 instead (which cost also a bit more, if this is a hint), because i have found many opinions saying that the ST300 was really bad and dull. While, the ST301, i have tried it and it's medium-high sharp for me (good enough to do a very good job for at least 3 shaves). I have also read some old B&B posts, where a guy contacted Dorco USA and they told him that ST300 ad ST301 is the same blade in different packaging, but, i then found in another forum, a guy who examined and photographed both in the microscope and the blade edge is different. So i stuck with ST301 and later bought also the STP 301 (Prime), which like the others said, are even better.

That was me & thats What Dorco Korea told me. Dorco said same blade & different packaging for the ST300 & the St301. Do you have a link for the guy that put both under a microscope.? Thanks!

9 months later.... I gave the dorco another try. It was worse than I remembered.
I can't believe it , I am going to ride my 15
Speed bike from the U.S.A to Australia and
Bring some Dorco ST-300 with me and
If I have to shave you myself, I will see you
Enjoy this very nice blade...

That was me & thats What Dorco Korea told me. Dorco said same blade & different packaging for the ST300 & the St301. Do you have a link for the guy that put both under a microscope.? Thanks!
I don't know why someone would say the
Vietnamese ST-300 and the Korean ST-301
Are the same , I've used both for many shaves and I just can't believe that someone would not be able to feel the
Difference , and that is in spite of what the
Corporate line is....

Was the blade a Dorco Vietnam made blade.? I find them better than the Korean Dorco's. The Primes are even better as in sharp & smooth. I get X10 nice close shaves with the Prime Blade.
I just loaded a Vietnam dorco in my aluminum finished Maggard razor and excellent. I used exclusively a prime for 3 weeks in a Muhle 89 so it took a second or two to find the angle but the results were a extremely close shave with no irritation. I used old spice cream which isn't the greatest stuff but i walked away with no tugging or bleeders. I'm going to use tobs tomorrow and see if it gets any better but I could use the 300 for the rest of my life and be content.

I don't know why someone would say the
Vietnamese ST-300 and the Korean ST-301
Are the same , I've used both for many shaves and I just can't believe that someone would not be able to feel the
Difference , and that is in spite of what the
Corporate line is....
They're not the same. I've used the 300 since they were introduced and the 301 imo sucks.

Got a pack of Vietnamese ST300. Against all odds, they did great. No irritation or major discomfort, though I must admit they're not the sharpest blades out there. Still they do their job and are dirt cheap

Top Bottom