What's new

Do you wear cologne and bodyspray at home?

This is something ive been debating off late.

I will wear aftershave daily, home or at work.

For bodyspray, i will sprinkle on some mild one along with the aftershave on my work days.

For cologne, i do the whole routine of cologne+aftershave+bodyspray but only for special occasions. Part of this is because cologne is more expensive, and i want to maintain the notion of a ‘special fragrance’ that i have with it. I feel that wearing it everyday would be going overboard.

What routine do you guys follow? Anyone who wears cologne daily, even at home?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't shave every day. Usually every other or third day. When I shave I will always use an aftershave splash. That is the only scent I'll use. On days where I don't shave I'll sometimes use a cologne or Eu de toilette. I only use it if I'm going out. My favorites are Acqua di Gio, Nautica Aqua, Boss #6 and Drakkar Noir. I haven't had the Drakkar in years but am looking to get some again. The wife let me know she likes it. I stopped using it because a bottle once leaked out into our suitcase on a trip and we both grew to hate the smell. I guess a couple decades and she's grown to like it again. That or I have other problems.

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
I often purchase vintage scents with which I am unfamiliar, just to try them; I have so many that I figure I may as well use them every day. But, I always seem to decide to use up first the ones I like the least, or even ones I dislike. So, for most of the time, despite having many, many, scents from which to choose, I am most often wearing one I do not especially care for. Where is the sense in that? Apart from today, Christmas day, when I am wearing vintage Faberge Brut, before it became Brut 33. That is surely the greatest scent ever created by man, we can all agree on that at least :biggrin1:

Hmmm Vintage Brut yes I think we can agree on that Sir!!!..

But for work I use several, these are just for work Varon Dandy Aftershave & Cologne, Hai Karate Aftershave, Mandate Aftershave, Denim Aftershave, Gray Flannel Geoffrey Beene, Royall Spyce Cologne. More so because they all have staying power on me and last.

I use cologne almost daily. It's the rare Saturday where I may not apply a scent. Monday thru Friday, it's work-setting-appropriate scents. On the weekend, anything goes. I usually shower in the morning, but in the off chance that I've showered at night, which can happen after a hot summer day, I'll apply a fresh fragrance for hanging around the house, or to bed. Maybe stir up some action with the Mrs...

I dont do it at home but I do at work. Working in a factory, where you sweat and work around grease and oils all day long, its better to smell a bit like cologne than to smell like sweat.
I do take care not to put on too much, so that I dont smell like I bathed in cologne.

Do what feels right, everyone is different and on any given day, I will change it up.

I shave at night most days, always use aftershave afterwards. I usually spritz a bit of an EDT/EDP/EDC on me before bed. Before I head off to work each day, after showering, I spritz on some frag also. I have less expensive or less special frags for work - lately it's been current issue Safari but I just killed that bottle Friday. I may make Boss Bottled Intense my work-day frag now... maybe.

Whatever works for you, but consider those around you.

In the 1960's, we had a guy in our dorm that tried to cloak his body odor with English Leather. To this day, I still can't stand the smell of English Leather. Everyone on the floor eventually stripped him down and forced him into the showers. He got the message, but I imagine that these days all of us on the floor would have been arrested. I also remember it being done to 2 guys with poor hygiene, in our barracks, in basic training at Ft Polk in 69-70. In that case, stiff brushes were used as well.

In the 1980's, I worked for an agency that had offices on two floors. When one higher-up from another floor would come up to our office, all but the bosses, would run for the doors. I think it was a body spray, but it was obnoxious and an instant headache to everyone around him.

All I can say is, wear what you like, just be considerate to others.

Prior to 6 years ago, I wore no cologne (I’m 49).

My current woman works in the beauty industry so has given me several fragrances over the last few years. I have enough different ones so I try to remember to spray on something different every day. The way I make some “special” is that to me some scents are weekends scents and some are weekday scents.

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu
I don't use aftershave. I often use cologne, but generally just one spray. In my world scent is only for the people close enough to hug me - and I hope they do.

As a perfume collector with around 200 bottles in my collection, I dare say the answer is "yes." I am not into body sprays, however, and aftershaves are hit and miss for me. If I have a matching aftershave I will use it, but don't have many.

I wear Cologne daily, après le bain. I wear EDT for dates and daily for work. I have a fragrance collection of 100 plus.

I am an every-day cologne guy. Before I discovered wetshaving and this forum, I wore cologne a few times a year.

I use body spray in the winter, and maybe every third day will splash or spray on cologne in warmer and hot times of the year. Rather save cologne for being out in public. I do use aftershave every day, so I have some form of scent on me most always. My preference for use at home in order, are aftershave, body spray, and cologne. All being said, if I have all three of a scent, rarely will I use each product. No more than two, or you smell like "cologne guy".

When I shave I use aftershave and usually one of the many frags that I have on hand that may compliment that combo. I truly enjoy making interesting and complimenting combinations. I owe it all to the info I have acquired here at B&B.

Top Bottom